• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I for one

keepsafe

keepsafe

I come here to find support, whether that means I support one theory or another should not matter. I would like to think that if I am vulnerable, which I am and a lot of people here are that I would find support. Support for me being someone I could talk to, to get me out of the feelings that I am experiencing at the time (though no one can guarantee that). I don;t look here for praise even but that hand that could reach out and make the difference(believe me it can). Please no more, I cannot take it and I am sure that new people who are looking for support find it very difficult.

P*ssed off

KS

sara

sara

aww sorry you dont feel as though you have support . I came here and people have been nice but alot of my friends did warn me not to come here but i find it ok . Looks like you have been here along time and that makes me a bit worried. Hope you are okay anyway. Keep in there

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi KS,

I am sorry you are feeling disheartened by the forum at the moment. I hope it is a feeling that changes for you. I am sorry if you have felt unsupported over time also. I guess its really difficult at times isn't it?

I just wanted to drop a line on here to say thank you for everything you have done for me in the past and of course the present. It really does mean a great deal. I know I have been a bit lapse in my posting lately - I am not sure i can really explain why, Its just been one of those periods where i have felt writing particularly difficult.

I hope you are taking good care of yourself KS, you really are such a strong and remarkable person having come through everything. I admire you, i really do.

Take care of yourself.

XX

A

Ainsworth

I come here to find support, whether that means I support one theory or another should not matter. I would like to think that if I am vulnerable, which I am and a lot of people here are that I would find support. Support for me being someone I could talk to, to get me out of the feelings that I am experiencing at the time (though no one can guarantee that). I don;t look here for praise even but that hand that could reach out and make the difference(believe me it can). Please no more, I cannot take it and I am sure that new people who are looking for support find it very difficult.

P*ssed off

KS
KS :hug:

wise words from you, lets hope everyone reads it and takes it on board.

chin up matey, your loved on here :flowers:

R

rasselas

The problem yesterday, in my opinion, was largely about context. Some areas like here are for support, offering advice, listening.

There is another area for general discussion. Yesterdays discussion in this area had already occurred in a very similar way, in the discussion area. With the same people. And with remarkably similar insults.

Conversations naturally sometimes lead to discussion, even though they didn't begin that way.

But really, in respect to people in these areas, threads which are designed to create a discussion should be correctly aimed at the discussion area. Otherwise it'll be chaos, and that's best avoided. If people start a discussion in the wrong area are the moderators able to move it to the right place?

I appreciate that people give their time to moderate these forums. It will inevitably be taxing at times and take its toll. Because life is stressful anyway - life amongst those struggling with mental health problems often more so. If it gets too much you have to balance your priorities. And I think your emotional health has to come first.

Also, we should never forget that people will have complex issues. This can involve anger, obsessional thinking, grudges, confusion, denial, paranoia, miscomprehension, emotional anxieties and insecurities, emotional confusion and the like.

That's why I try to keep a little distance between my emotional self and some of the words I read on here. I've been directly insulted on a number of occasions, but I'm thick-skinned and can take it, most of the time. Maybe it wasn't intended. Maybe people have felt insulted by me. I know that wasn't intended. So keeping some distance is a good idea.

Take care and keep up the good work.

sallyG

sallyG

oh KS im not aware of what went on yesterday..but just to let you know your in my thoughts..drop me a line whenever you want to poppet..im normally about..your a lovely person and dont forget that mrs.x

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Mark, if you ever feel you are being directly or indirectly insulted please pm one of the moderators and we WILL do our level best to get it sorted. This goes for anyone who feels insulted or intimidated. As for a separate discussion forum, this sounds like a good idea, a sort of debating forum if you like where others who are just looking for a bit of support aren't drawn into arguements.

A

Apotheosis

As for a separate discussion forum, this sounds like a good idea, a sort of debating forum if you like where others who are just looking for a bit of support aren't drawn into arguements.
The 'Your two pence worth' is the place on this forum designed for that purpose already.

It says under that section of the site -

"Polls, discussion, and debates. You can also find out about the issues mental health workers face - or, if you're a psychiatrist, contribute your two pence worth! Please try and avoid personal insults. Controversial posts are fine!"

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I stand corrected.

A

Apotheosis

The main issue it would seem, that comes up, is when people start attacking the debator & not the debate. As a guideline - as it already says 'Please try and avoid personal insults' - Would appear to be a good ground rule to avoid things descending into outright abuse & bulling of members by specficic trouble makers & trolls.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
As opposed to innuendo and snide remarks?

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I will reiterate, if ANYONE feels intimidated or insulted by ANYONE on this forum please please pm one of the moderators. As Mark said we the mods can't be here 24/7 and can't read every one of the posts posted so if there is anything anyone wants drawn to the mods attention please pm. I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone too that us mods are only human and we do all have mental health issues of our own so if some of us aren't around much or don't seem to be doing much please take this into consideration.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Mark, I've pm'ed you with regards to the above.