• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I find life too difficult

C

Candy555

I hate life so much.No one ever understands how bad I feel.I have so many problems and difficulties which I can never sort.I try telling gp how suicidal I feel at times but they never understand when I try to explain I'm scared incase I harm myself or kill myself.I want to be here for my daughters, but sometimes I feel I won't be able to stop my suicide
Feelings taken over.As sometimes they feel so strong that I won't be able to help myself.But they never understand.Im so scared incase I will be taken over by my negative thoughts and compulsion to end it.i don't know how to get them to understand.They say when you need help to ask.But all the gp does is give me phone numbers or websites to contact.I was wondering if anyone else out there can relate to how I feel.I don't want to go on anymore.

blog15

blog15

do not neglect that, our way we view life is very important. its almost the greatest thing youll ever know!n We neede not think otherwise. U know in todays world we just need to try to bring towards light and the eagle eye, grain of salt view on life...!

C

celticlass

Is there anything particular has happened to leave you feeling like that? I can understand. I find it a constant struggle that at times would just opt to bow out. That said, having my family 'needing me' is a factor that prevents me from acting. I would only mess it up and be worse off anyway.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I know you'll have been given this information by your GP and I doubt it will be of any use to you which I apologise for but for others who may have come here because they too are experiencing what you have been I'll post it any way.

It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

If you feel there's anything the team here can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

T

treasurebox

Know that there will be better days for you. Your suicidal and negative thoughts will pass. It is not permanent.

Listen to uplifting and encouraging songs on youtube. Music helps a lot and is therapeutic.

When you begin to think of suicide, switch your thoughts to good and positive things and do something good instead.

C

Candy555

Is there anything particular has happened to leave you feeling like that? I can understand. I find it a constant struggle that at times would just opt to bow out. That said, having my family 'needing me' is a factor that prevents me from acting. I would only mess it up and be worse off anyway.
Hi

C

celticlass

Hello

I hope you have had a bit better day. Let's be honest getting through the past year has not been much fun.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I hate life so much.No one ever understands how bad I feel.I have so many problems and difficulties which I can never sort.I try telling gp how suicidal I feel at times but they never understand when I try to explain I'm scared incase I harm myself or kill myself.I want to be here for my daughters, but sometimes I feel I won't be able to stop my suicide
Feelings taken over.As sometimes they feel so strong that I won't be able to help myself.But they never understand.Im so scared incase I will be taken over by my negative thoughts and compulsion to end it.i don't know how to get them to understand.They say when you need help to ask.But all the gp does is give me phone numbers or websites to contact.I was wondering if anyone else out there can relate to how I feel.I don't want to go on anymore.
I've had periods in my life where I felt that way, but it didn't last. One thing I've come to understand is life wasn't meant to be boundless joy, but it wasn't meant to be boundless misery either. In the past man struggled just to have shelter from the elements or put food on the table-his needs were more direct. Today, most of us have a place to live and our basic needs met-food and medicine. Yet, many of us feel life is empty because there is nothing in our day to day existence which gives us any joy.

I'm not sure what your circumstances are, but what are you banking-on as 'must haves' that would make your life joyful? A lot of Money? Freedom from obligations? A more exciting job? Some of those things are not likely to happen for most of us, so we need to look for joy in other places.

I'm not trying to turn this into a lecture, but in my own case I found joy in life by finding things which gave my life validation and meaning-and which were within my power to change. For example, helping in a 'soup kitchen' for homeless people. Or working on inner city projects as a volunteer to help clean-up vacant homes and yards in depressed urban areas. You discover quickly that helping other folks gives you a sense of accomplishment and makes you feel better about yourself.

A life without purpose is joyless and drudgery. The way to avoid that is to find purpose that you can make happen with your means-then do it. I think that will make you feel better about yourself pretty fast.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Hi sorry to hear of your situation.

Is your depression because you can't sort out your problems? Are your problems changeable?

The GP's are general practitioners and have a limited scope and so in those cases refer you to people who can help. Those people usually break down your problem and go into details so you can sort it out and feel better. Whether it be financial, emotional, physical etc.

J

JeanPierre

No, don't hate life.
It sucks you don't see joy in it.
You see only the sorrow of it.
I totally hear how horrible you feel.
Do you know why? We will help.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Know that there will be better days for you. Your suicidal and negative thoughts will pass. It is not permanent.

Listen to uplifting and encouraging songs on youtube. Music helps a lot and is therapeutic.

When you begin to think of suicide, switch your thoughts to good and positive things and do something good instead.
"Your suicidal and negative thoughts will pass. It is not permanent."

How do these suicidal and negative thoughts pass? I thought they were deeply engrained in depression.

"When you begin to think of suicide, switch your thoughts to good and positive things and do something good instead."

How do you switch your thoughts? Whenever I visit my pdoc and tell him on every visit that I have these passive suicidal thoughts, he never tells me how to switch my thoughts. How do you do it?

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

"Your suicidal and negative thoughts will pass. It is not permanent."

How do these suicidal and negative thoughts pass? I thought they were deeply engrained in depression.

"When you begin to think of suicide, switch your thoughts to good and positive things and do something good instead."

How do you switch your thoughts? Whenever I visit my pdoc and tell him on every visit that I have these passive suicidal thoughts, he never tells me how to switch my thoughts. How do you do it?
@treasurebox, what are your thoughts about this?