• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

I feel ugly

Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

I don't think I will ever be able to accept myself. I really do hate the way I look and act. I've tried changing myself but nothing seems to work. For some reason I can't seem to look or act natural, in a way that fits well with other people. Everything I do or no matter how I dress just makes me stand out in the most uncomfortable ways. There's the weight gain, the hirsutism, the uninteresting personality. I hate my hair and my face and just myself completely. I honestly feel sick sometimes when I look in the mirror. It used to be so bad that I even had trouble eating for a few days. I try to be positive and move forward from this, but it doesn't matter what I do. I'll always have this body and this mind. I don't want to be me anymore.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry your having these difficulties, you are a kind person I know that.
I hate the way I look now to, you are very brave sharing your story.
Hope it helps chatting to us about it.
Sending hugs

J

Jules5

Hi Zelda. I hate the way my body looks too. I hate the way I feel all the time. I can understand how you are feeling. I went to a family cookout and you know what I was not the worst body shape there. I had a good time. No mirrors just family and overweight people. I love my family so it does not matter to me what they look like. I love you too and it does not matter what you look like but I do care about how you are feeling Big Hugs Jules

OCDguy

OCDguy

Beauty is deeper than skin deep (and is in the eye of the beholder)... When you love and accept yourself for the person you are, not the person you want others to think you are, the real beauty will show in everything you do. People spend loads of money, trying different cosmetics, hair styles, clothes and even plastic surgery. All of this is not only expensive, but probably exhausting and in some cases soul destroying, and the reality is your body is your body, little enhancements probably won't make that much of a difference in someone else's eyes, and there is someone for everyone, especially when you show your inner beauty. Time would be better spent in my opinion, on discovering the real "you" and being at peace with yourself. No one is perfect, play to your strengths and work on your weaknesses, and spend less time looking at your reflection in the mirror. Hope this helps :)

Lance__

Lance__

Hi Zelda :hug: sometimes when we feel we are behaving in an erratic and unnatural way is because we are not showing our real self; when we act just as we really are, everything seem to flow naturally without effort. One thing that has helped me in my journey to self-love has been to go inside myself and find my inner Light. Our inner light is pure light, energy, and love, as it is our soul. You are a kind person. Nobody can do this journey for you, but we are here to help you when you need it. Let yourself to feel the love of people of this forum, and imagine we are giving you a very warm and nurtuting hug.
:grouphug:

B

bpd2020

I am so sorry you see yourself this way. I remember when you cut your hair and you felt pleased with how it looked. Do you think you may be feeling bad about how you look because today is a bad day? I hope that does not dismiss you I just wonder if when you are depressed you then start finding fault with yourself. I know I do this. When I am feeling low I then think of how ugly and fat I am.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Thing is you are worth so much more than just a flashy hairstyle. It's your true inner self that is precious and more beautiful than anything else...

B

bpd2020

Thing is you are worth so much more than just a flashy hairstyle. It's your true inner self that is precious and more beautiful than anything else...
I did not mean to say the ops value depends on their hair. I was remembering a time they felt positive about themselves.

Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

@midnightphoenix Thank you so much! You're a beautiful person, Midnight. Hope you're doing well! :hug:

@Mayflower7 Thank you! Sending you hugs too! :hug: I'm feeling a lot better now.

@Jules5 Thank you so so much! Sorry you felt that way. I'm glad to hear you felt better in the end. I had some time to think about my post and I'm doing better now. :hug:

@OCDguy You're right I really agree with you. I will definitely try this. I am still trying to work on myself, but I will try focusing on taking care of myself and being healthy too. Thank you :hug:

@Lance__ Thank you so so much. :hug: It helps a lot to read the positive messages on this forum. There are days I look in the mirror and feel okay with myself. I guess yesterday I was just having a bad day.

@bpd2020 Hello and yeah I kind of worried about how my hair looked too. Today I feel okay with it again. But I sort of thought I would regret cutting my hair by myself. But the good thing is that it looks much more healthy now, so I'll just let it grow out maybe. Hope you're doing well and thank you :hug:

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments. I am doing a lot better today. I had some time to think about this post. What's different these days is that when I go against myself like this I feel sort of guilty now. It used to not be like that. I would usually just hate myself and then that was that. But now I feel the need to take care of myself. I guess this is a good thing because I might be realizing that I shouldn't hurt myself in this kind of way. Like yesterday I had thoughts about self harm, but instead of doing that I focused on something positive.

Thank you all again. Sending you all hugs :grouphug:

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Don't be upset for feeling this way. I used to. But being good looking can be worse. It comes with other problems. I used to tell myself I was good enough ect ect. It was hard.

I'm sure your just as beautiful as ever zelda.:hug:

OCDguy

OCDguy

Sharing your love for/with others', lets your beauty shine through :)

frisas45

frisas45

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting..."
Proverbs 31:30 NIV

Stop trying to look beautiful, Zelda. Beauty fleets away like a vapor! Look at other good points about yourself. You are drawing well, correct? Why don't you be happy about that? You know what? I'd be most honored to see you draw more anime girls. I'm excited to see that! :)