• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel trapped

ioladotf

ioladotf

I don’t know what to do anymore. No matter how much I talk down to myself, I keep binging. I loose weight very rapidly for about two weeks, then I binge and gain it all back. I want to not eat. I want to go back to that state of seeing my body skinny. But I don’t know how to say no to food. :confused: Wtf do I do... how do I just stop eating? Go cold turkey?

Tawny

Tawny

Staff member
Forum Guide
I don’t know what to do anymore. No matter how much I talk down to myself, I keep binging. I loose weight very rapidly for about two weeks, then I binge and gain it all back. I want to not eat. I want to go back to that state of seeing my body skinny. But I don’t know how to say no to food. :confused: Wtf do I do... how do I just stop eating? Go cold turkey?
Why do you want to hurt your precious body? It is housing you. You need to be strong, have the strength to write on a forum, stay alive. If you don't look after your body, you will get extremely ill and might die. We need to nourish our bodies so we can live, be happy, go places, talk to people.

What are your dreams for your life? a skinny body is not a dream it is a punishment or a self harm isn't it? You deserve better than skinny, you deserve happiness, a trip to the zoo, the beach, a drink with friends.

Can you see your doctor?

O

Orangeade

Can you speak to a doctor or a therapist about this? Or maybe a nutritionalist?? Sending you love x

C

Chelseaforeva

I've lost 30kilos in the last 12 months. But since Xmas I've gained. I've lost all motivation, up until Xmas I was addicted to and obsessed with weight loss. But recently I've been eating and binging and feeling depressed and remorseful afterwards. I feel like I've lost control and I need to get back on it, any ideas please? I still have 10-12kg to loose before spring until I'll feel content.

C

Chelseaforeva

Right, screw this. I'm gonna take my discipline back! I can go all day without eating but once I start sometimes I want more. I'm not going to eat anything if I think I'm going to regret it. No more than 800kcal, there has weight loss every day. I buzz of it, better than living in a world of regret!!!

ioladotf

ioladotf

Why do you want to hurt your precious body? It is housing you. You need to be strong, have the strength to write on a forum, stay alive. If you don't look after your body, you will get extremely ill and might die. We need to nourish our bodies so we can live, be happy, go places, talk to people.

What are your dreams for your life? a skinny body is not a dream it is a punishment or a self harm isn't it? You deserve better than skinny, you deserve happiness, a trip to the zoo, the beach, a drink with friends.

Can you see your doctor?
I can’t see my doctor/therapist right now. I wish I could

Typhoon38

Typhoon38

Hi. First and foremost - I am NOT medically trained in any way, shape or form, so any advice I give here is based purely on my experience as a Father when my Daughter almost died from anorexia back in 1999. PLEASE do not even think of going 'cold turkey' and just not eating - you could die, simple as that. Try to get some professional help but at the same time, the power to overcome this is within YOU, all you need is the ability to harness that power and move forward. It might mean taking small baby steps, such as shortening by days or even hours at a time, those periods of bingeing then not eating so they eventually become too insignificant to matter. Think positively about yourself, VALUE yourself and give yourself goals that you want to achieve that will motivate you. Write those goals down - research shows that works. As yourself why - why do you want to beat this ? You clearly want to because you've reached out here, and that's a great start. Keep posting whenever it makes you feel better - everyone here wants to help you I'm sure.

vxmpire

vxmpire

distractions! keep distracting yourself and the urge to binge should go away or eat one filling meal and quickly distract yourself. i know what its like as i have an ed myself. fasting will only make the binge urges stronger, i know its tempting but you'll rapidly gain more. sending love to u, you got this