• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I feel terrible - need help

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I'm having what feels like a constant panic attack, it's been on and off for a couple of days but constant for the last 12hrs.
I have a dry mouth, breathlessness, dizzy, chest pain, back pain achy and this feeling in my stomach like it's in a 1,000 knots.
I cannot cope with this feeling anymore.
I take 40mg Proponolol 200mg quietiapine, 200mg stertraline daily and I've tried taking diazepam with no effect whatsoever
I've tried deep breathing, a bath, eating comfort food, nothing is helping I feel sick to my stimach
Any ideas?

W

Waverunner

Hi Sparkly. Sorry to hear how you are feeling. I think that would be quite draining. How about taking your mind to a "safe" place ie a pleasant memory or somewhere you find calming (for me it's areas of water like the sea). You would probably have to focus quite hard on that. I also think it may be wise to get some medical advice. Maybe your GP or 111? 12 hours is a long time with these constant feelings. Failing that, keep posting, I'm here.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Thanks wave x I have my kids here, but I might go to the walk in centre when my friend gets home. I'm meant to be going to a group tonight but I just don't feel up to it.

W

Waverunner

Well, the group could be helpful (depending on its focus) but it could also make things worse because it could trigger you further. So, only you know what's best for you in that regard. I think the walk in centre may be a good idea especially if things don't improve over the next couple of hours. Be kind to yourself in the interim and don't beat yourself up about how you are feeling! Can you identify any trigger for your feelings?

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I had a huge row with my friend at the weekend, we've made up now but the effects are still there for me. I'm not stressing about it or anything else for that matter. The feelings just won't go away.

W

Waverunner

Yep, I can understand the feelings persisting for a while. Although you've made up, is there any bit of the argument that is still bothering you - maybe something that you haven't quite let go of despite having made up? By the way, you don't have to answer these if you don't want to.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I guess so, I don't feel like anythings bothering me though x just the physical symptoms - I haven't felt this bad since my mum died

W

Waverunner

Ok, so maybe it's the "left over" feelings from your argument. It obviously stressed you a lot and it's taking time to come down from that. Are you feeling any better now?

W

Waverunner

You ok Sparkly?

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

No, I still feel terrible thanks though x means a lot x I'm going to take myself off to bed now my friends home - try and relax x

W

Waverunner

Ok. Rest up but please consider getting some medical advice if it doesn't improve soon! Hugs to you!

C

Caro5

Hi
It's horrible feeling like that. Have you got a smart phone or tablet? There are some free apps that I find help me focus better on the breathing and stuff. Somehow a voice in my ear telling me what to do helps me focus and do it. Fund if really hard to do it on my own.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I feel for you - anxiety and panic is awful and it can get really unbearable.
Not that I think there is any reason for you to worry, but I agree that perhaps talking to your doctor about this might be a good idea.
As I said, i'm sure these feelings are down to anxiety but it's best to get an overall check of your blood pressure and stuff just to be on the safe side.
I hope you feel better soon and get some good rest tonight. x

snapshot

snapshot

I agree w/ waverunner in that this is likely fallout from the argument. It's hard to get the hormones under control. Now you may be in an anxious of being anxious loop. Do you have high blood pressure - can make you feel squirelly. Got meds for that? I say call your doctor if for no other reason to find comfort in him/her knowing you may need emergency help. Keep posting.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Thank you for all of the support, I was
In such a mess last night I couldn't post sorry. I eventually got some sleep and feel much better today x