• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I feel sooo good....

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
I feel so good, so alive, have only had one hours sleep in the past 26-27 hours but feel so full of life. I had begun to think i would ever feel this way again. Maybe i'm going high, maybe i'm not but something keeps telling me i don't need the meds when i feel so good - was a bad boy last night and skipped the dose, same this morning and again tonight. The world feels like it is struggling to keep up (come on, catch me if you can) :dance:

S

saffron

weyhey, good for you Colin:clap: its great when you a feel like that eh,
S

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi Saffron,

Yeah it sure does, it's been a few months since i last felt this good - though i suspect it may be a high but so what if it is, i shall enjoy it while it lasts :D

S

saffron

agreed, as long as you feel good that is all that matters, just remember that feeling and keep it close to your heart. you can recollect it anytime then.:hug:
take care smiler :D
S

Q

quality factor

Hi Colin, glad to hear you're feeling so good, but is it a good idea to knock some of your medication off? Unless you have been advised to self medicate for your problem, I feel you may be playing a dangerous game. You've already stated that you've been a 'naughty boy' re your meds, so without wishing to spoil your fun I would give serious thought to what you're doing. You could become unwell in the long run.
Take care.

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Hi Colin, glad to hear you're feeling so good, but is it a good idea to knock some of your medication off? Unless you have been advised to self medicate for your problem, I feel you may be playing a dangerous game. You've already stated that you've been a 'naughty boy' re your meds, so without wishing to spoil your fun I would give serious thought to what you're doing. You could become unwell in the long run.
Take care.
I did'nt want to say anything that might burst your bubble either...but I could'nt help thinking of my CPN's advice to control the happiness levels as much as the misery. So....I have started taking his advice and now when I get the urge to skip joyfully in the street I stay calm. Calm but still happy.

He (and I) think that in letting the happy feelings get too 'high' I only reinforce the instability....and I'll be feeling the bad feelings too much too when they come(and that is awful!).

Taking his advice is working really well so far. This is the first time I have tried this...normally I just think "Thank god I don't feel awful today.....I am going to take this happy feeling as far as it will go".

I think you have some power here....to stay happy but keep it steady.....which is what works in the long-run.

This is just my opinion and experience....so hope you don't mind me saying.
:hug:

silly madam

silly madam

Hi Colin,

Oooh I am so envious. It seems ages since i felt that happy or high. The one thing that worries me tho is that you might do something you later regret if you are high. I certainly do things i shouldnt when i am flying high. So in a nutshell, enjoy yourself but keep your eye on it if you can.

Take care,

:hug:

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi Quality Factor.

My pdoc and g.p allow me to self medicate as i pretty much know when things get a little to out of hand. I just want this feeling to last forever.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Colin,

Be Happy, but BE SAFE!

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi all,

I'm put myself back on the meds yesterday morning at 7.00am feeling tired after 40 hours with no sleep. Slept through till 3.00pm. Took the meds again last night and had fell into a deep sleep, feel tired today but able to function though.