• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

i feel so tired of life

A

alice551

I don’t know why this weekend I feel especially low. I’ve been feeling like this for months and every therapist I’ve seen somehow makes me feel worse rather than better. That is when I don’t end up in a waiting list.

I just feel what’s the point in living anymore. I’ve been working in healthcare the past 6 years and I can’t even afford to buy a flat/house. I don’t have any friends where I live, the few friends I had have moved away and I only talk to them on the phone as and when. My family is never supportive of anything I do, thankfully they live in a different country but every time I talk to them it becomes more evident how alone I am. I honestly feel like even if something happened to me no one would even care to visit me in the hospital.

I don’t really know what to do, I’m just so tired of putting on a happy face and waking up every day thinking it will get better and it never really does. I also can’t imagine having to work in healthcare anymore with all that’s happening, but I find it so hard to find a job that pays me decent enough to be able to live without roommates especially because I feel I have no support from anyone but myself. I’ve been crying on and off today and honestly if I didn’t have my dog I feel I would have taken my own life.

Tawny

Tawny

Staff member
Forum Guide
I am so glad you have a dog. If it weren't for my cats i dread to think what state i would be in, or if i would have made it through hard times at all.

This is going to pass, this feeling, and you will feel stronger again.

Are you going to be able to get through the evening or do you need to call an emergency number?

Tawny

Tawny

Staff member
Forum Guide
Please look at the numbers below. There is help available and don't be afraid to ask for it.

Help for suicidal thoughts

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can also call one of the above helplines.

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112

A

alice551

I’ve thought of calling Samaritans I’ve actually never been in a position before that I feel I need to call them. But if any one of them tells me to go for a walk or have a bath or some sh!t like that I’ll lose my mind so I’m just trying breathing exercises now to see if it helps. I just feel so off

S

SadRainbow

Former member
I'm sorry you're having such a miserable time. I can relate to much of what you've said. I hope somehow you feel better soon.

M

ManDss

So sorry to hear, Im also tired of life, so much things I have to do for my future, and so little I have in my present. Scape with my imagination is the only that distracts me. Everyday weights.