• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel so tired all the time. I just don't want to live like this.

X

Xana

Hi. I'm new here. Never thought that I would ever do something like this, but I just can't take it anymore. I'm struggling with depression my whole life, but I never really talked about it with anyone. Most people around me just say that it's stupid and I just need to get over myself. But for the first time in my life I feel like dying.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
:welcome:
I'm so glad you have joined the forum. We will try and help you through this difficult time.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Have you even seen a doctor and been diagnosed with depression?
Being tired can have many causes but wanting to die is very serious and not stupid.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
X

Xana

Have you even seen a doctor and been diagnosed with depression?
Being tired can have many causes but wanting to die is very serious and not stupid.
No. I always tried to fight it myself. I have good days and bad days. But right now I feel so much pressure that I think it is time to seek help. I don't remember the last time I went to sleep with easy head or heart.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
No. I always tried to fight it myself. I have good days and bad days. But right now I feel so much pressure that I think it is time to seek help. I don't remember the last time I went to sleep with easy head or heart.
General advice here is that if you have 2 weeks where you feel very low, then you need to get help. It sounds like you have been suffering for more than 2 weeks.

Sleeping too much or waking up in the night, too early, they are signs that something is wrong.

There is a depression quiz i think is very good. I will get the link for you. It might help with understanding how you feel.

I take medication and it helps me get through the day.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide

It is very short, just a minute or two.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Pressure? Are you under stress?
Stress can cause depression. Sometimes if you remove the stress, you will eventually feel better. Sometimes people need medication like an antidepressant.
Some people help themselves with a good diet, exercise and improving their life.

Suicidal thoughts though, that is very serious and i think you need to get some help. Depression can be very powerful over your thinking and you can think and do things you would not do when well.

S

SmallStepsToSelfcare

Hi. I'm new here. Never thought that I would ever do something like this, but I just can't take it anymore. I'm struggling with depression my whole life, but I never really talked about it with anyone. Most people around me just say that it's stupid and I just need to get over myself. But for the first time in my life I feel like dying.
I am glad that you’re here Xana. What has stopped you from talking about it? I know it can be such a difficult step to take. You are absolutely not stupid and the people saying this aught to be ashamed of themselves! Sending a great big virtual hug to you. Do you have any plans today?

Bod

Bod

Hi Xana, welcome to the forum I hope you will feel safe and get the help you need. Try not to worry when people say get over yourself as they do not understand the way we feel.

Bod

Bod

You have made the right decision asking for help, and it is also a very big thing to do as we might think Oh yeah I can handle it but in the end we do need to reach out to the right people for more help. A very big step and well done too.

LearntheEssentials

LearntheEssentials

Seeking help was what helped me out the most. BY far.
Its not at all like the horror storys people tell. If you have a Doc you feel unconfortable with,
you are absolutely free to not say anything and find a different one.

I wish you the best and im proud that you decided to take that big step.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Hi Xana, welcome to the forum. You will find many here to also suffer from the affliction of clinical depression and can share their coping stories. Clinical depression is a disease, not a weakness. It needs to be treated as a disease. Please feel free to participate as much as you can in these forums, there is a lot of knowledge shared here which can help you. Again, welcome.