• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I feel so stupid

J

Jisatsu

I know this sounds stupid but I'm going to a gig with my boyfriend and I'm soo excited.. except for the part where my boyfriend sees me go crazy at the band. It sounds so ridiculous and I feel so so stupid but if I get excited and scream and shout and sing I'm worried he will laugh or make fun of me :(! I know he will be doing it too but still.. I get worried about how I look :/

That's just one of my many (probably stupid) worries. I feel so crap at the moment, my boyfriend also told me to STOP stressing myself out about everything. School work is driving me insane and so is the unbelievable urge to cut - antoher side note is that at the gig, I will get fairly warm but if I wear a short sleeved top my scars will be on show. Having them on show makes me want to hide and cry. I'm so tense at the moment, I want to scream and hide and sleep.. :(

iffybob

iffybob

Umm

Try a thin cotton shirt , like a school shirt only not white..

C

clements25

look at this as a good thing if he laughs he is probably laughing with you and if hes laughing at u, u know hes not worth the time or hes only having fun which is what you do at a gig and trust me everyone at gigs gets sweaty its crowded and hot with loud music if u werent jumping around and sweating thats when people would think ur not enojying yourself =]

Y

YellowBrickRoad

Hey. I used to go to gigs a lot and I have a bit of a problem with my arms. Not because of scars it's just I hate them. I used to wear a lot of bracelets or band and some long fingerless gloves. If it is that type of band then you can make it stylish :) Don't worry about jumping up and down and screaming at the top of your lungs. It's my favourite part. Everyone else is doing it and it's fun. I know it's easier said than done but go there have a laugh and scream! Will be thinking of you.

xx