• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel so inadequate

JogoLagomorpha

JogoLagomorpha

Never leaving the house, drinking non stop, giving up. I’ve felt so unworthy of love and feel alone. I dont have the motivation to do much anymore. I feel disconnected from my parents who im so scared to lose. Suicidal thoughts are regular and all i do is sit and cry hoping i feel better. Ive met so many wonderful people who are now gone in some way. Everywhere ive gone, i feel like i didn’t belong in the first place. Everything keeps getting stranger

S

Sugaree

I agree, you sound like you need some support and I am sorry you are feeling so badly.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I am so sorry you are feeling this way JogoLagomorpha. It is terrifying feeling you don't belong anywhere, but you do. You just have to reach out and you will find many people that care and will support you. This forum is a great place to start. I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care and best wishes. :hug1:

M

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Never leaving the house, drinking non stop, giving up. I’ve felt so unworthy of love and feel alone. I dont have the motivation to do much anymore. I feel disconnected from my parents who im so scared to lose. Suicidal thoughts are regular and all i do is sit and cry hoping i feel better. Ive met so many wonderful people who are now gone in some way. Everywhere ive gone, i feel like i didn’t belong in the first place. Everything keeps getting stranger
How are you doing today?

You aren't alone, we are here also and many of us have been through what you are going through. Many are still in the middle of it.

If you are depressed or very low, i think it is normal to feel disconnected from others. I am sure your parents are aware you are not well and worried about you. What are they doing to help?

It is good you have met lots of wonderful people in your life so far. There will be many more in your future. There are so many wonderful people in the world.

Try to look forwards not back.

You belong.

You are not well and need some support. Have you spoken to your doctor?

Try to keep a routine. It really helps me.

Up 9am latest
Breakfast/hot drink
Wash
Walk 15 minutes about 10.30am
Hot drink/snack

Lunch at 12-1

Dinner 5-6

Shower/bath at 8pm
Hot drink
Bed 11pm

This is roughly my routine

Alcohol worsens depression.
I wish i knew how to help more but keep writing, we are and will support you through this.

waldo1954

waldo1954

I have to disagree with most the people here. You can't count on other people to help you. You have to help yourself. You should see a doctor, and tell him how you feel. He may recommend antidepressants. You should do what he tells you to do. You won't be cured overnight, so you have to realize you will have to bear a certain amount of pain, but eventually it will get better. Thinking some external event is gonna end your depression is a mistake.

Bod

Bod

i always say and try to help others here but dont really look at my self, this morning i was in a very bad way but the love and care off the members is our rock and that is unbreakable i say as we can all get through these times but we have to really dig deep even if we dont want too.

C

cathanifrind174

I am sorry you're feeling this way. I know what it means to find refuge in drinking. It's a vicious cycle. You need to convince yourself (I know it's very hard), that you have a disease and you need to go and see a doctor if you haven't already.

It is a hard pill to swallow but you need to know that you are in need of help. Don't put pressure on yourself but start with small things like cleaning your room or drinking a bit less and when you have enough courage, please go and see a doctor. Mental illness and alcoholism is so viewed so badly in society but we are often not at fault for the circumstances that have caused it and in many cases it could even be genetic or medical. So don't feel guilty and go see a doctor.

Is there something you like doing that doesn't involve leaving your house but not drinking or just sleeping? Like playing video games? My doctor actually suggested I start playing video games because that was the only thing I liked. You shouldn't get addicted to it that's for sure but sometimes our brain just needs some fun and if it doesn't get it, it gets depressed and feels disconnected from the world.

I said video games but it could be books, gardening, watching TV, playing piano, anything that interests you...you need to do things that you like just for the sake of it. I started listening to music, podcasts, things that I liked a bit. I did all of this before I resumed work and before I left my apartment flat. So sometimes you need to start somewhere. Take your time but you need to be firm and do that first little thing that breaks the vicious cycle of depression, crying, alcohol, sadness, separation, repeat...