• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I feel so awful - please talk

J

Jisatsu

Last Saturday, I went round my friends house with 4 others to watch some movies. We brought around a bit of alcohol and I guess I underestimated how much we had and I got rather drunk.. I remember crying hysterically an awful lot and I think I was sick a few times.

I feel so awful about it and the girl whose house it was it fine with it but still :( I feel like such a mess. I just got mock exam results back and they're not that great. My friend said I should talk to her when I feel down because you don't just cry like that (even when drunk) for no reason.

I feel like dying :( I don't want to feel like this at christmas.

S

SmileyGirl

Hia, I've been really paranoid after being at someone's house or out with people and had a few drinks before, and thought I'd upset someone or been completely rediculous.
I think most time its me being paranoid and making things much bigger than what they are.
I'm not saying what you are feeling is wrong, I understand what you mean. have you spoken to the person who's party it was, or anyone else that was at the party to see what their thoughts are?
Is this the first time you have been emotional to the point that you have worried about it?

J

Jisatsu

I always feel like I want to just run away and/or hide recently :/
I don't know what to do anymore

S

SmileyGirl

I go through periods of it often, so please don't think you are on your own.
A lot of people do journals on here, which some think helps, or you could write things down in a diary in a safe place at home. Helps me get it out of my head and not think about things at 4 in the morning.
Have you discussed how you feel with anyone close by, or a GP?
Sometimes, its a good idea to make sure your physical health is ok too, as physical health and mental health is so closely linked.
Might be good to have a once over, blood pressure, blood tests etc just to make sure your healthy.
Its bit of a case of closing your options down, to find out what the problem is??
Take care, SG

D

DELATEXT

you seem stressed ?? you need to relax and unburden yourself, not easy if you're prone to the depression, hope you have good friends to support you ??
do n't be embarassed if you cry etc, it's natural !!
hope you feel better soon (y)

J

Jisatsu

I tried once before to confide in my friend and to cut a long story short, she basically said if I continued to "attention seek" and "constantly be depressed" she didn't want anything more to do with me.

Since then I've found it hard to confide or trust anyone. I feel like they will silently judge me and shrug it off as me just having a bad day..

I haven't been to my GP; I'm too scared.

L

loonatoon

Hi Jisatsu

Just wanted to say hello and I can understand how friends can be really patronising and completely unhelpful.

The comments 'oh everyone has their down days' and 'youll snap out of it', must be the worst things you could ever say to someone that feels trapped and misunderstood.

The 'friend' who thought you were seeking attention should maybe do some research and learn a little!

Talk talk talk to you can't talk anymore. be good to yourself. dont feel guilty and this is just a temporary blip, it will get sorted!

I've recently been to the Drs for the first time about my mental health, I'm 23, I wish I had done it 8 years ago! It was hard and nerve-racking but I feel a little bit more positive that I can beat whatever is thats wrong with me!

I hope you can find the strength to go and have a chat with them, they have seen and heard it all before so don't feed bad.

Always here if you need to vent,

take care,

Bex X

D

DELATEXT

so called friends

I tried once before to confide in my friend and to cut a long story short, she basically said if I continued to "attention seek" and "constantly be depressed" she didn't want anything more to do with me.

Since then I've found it hard to confide or trust anyone. I feel like they will silently judge me and shrug it off as me just having a bad day..

I haven't been to my GP; I'm too scared.
some so called "friends" are fair weather, selfish and unsupportive, I hope you find better people, please try to see your Doctor they can really help !! (y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Depression Forum 5
B Depression Forum 4
R Depression Forum 4
I Depression Forum 5
J Depression Forum 13