• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel so alone

I

invisbleJ

Except close family,I have no social connections ,I don't think I can cope ,Im not even sure who I am anymore

babyblue22

babyblue22

Except close family,I have no social connections ,I don't think I can cope ,Im not even sure who I am anymore
Your not on your own ❤

I know what you feel like tho, I wish I had more friends rather then just family

Seb1

Seb1

you're doing a really great job of reaching out and talking about it though, that's something not a lot of people can do. try to keep your head held high and keep your focus on what your goal is and eventually it'll happen. and most likely in ways you will never expect but you will find friends and social connections eventually and it'll be that much more awesome you do because you had to wait so long. :hug:

L

Lonely Username

Its hard to make them yet even harder to keep them
Indeed it can be really hard to keep relationships since majority of people uses friends as a tool of distraction then after using it they throw it away . Lot of people are just not interested in building a good and sincere relationship but rather just have fun at that specific moment of time . But dont worry not every human is the same . Try going in public places , participating in social activities to meet new people and discover several personalities . And one day i believe god shall give you the persons you need in your life .

C

celticlass

This is when a religious or spiritual type group can benefit people. In the past many more of us were part of the Church group etc. Quite apart from the weekly service, people came together to fund raise - so coffee mornings, jumble sales, beetle drives etc were held. Some people who were maybe a little more vulnerable were included in all of this. I daresay similar groups are still out there. AA is my lifeline. I have real friends there. I also attend the Spiritualist Church which helps.

JessisMe

JessisMe

This is a good place to come to connect and build community. Have you ever tried making friends online?

babyblue22

babyblue22

Its hard to make them yet even harder to keep them
Good friends are hard to come by and even harder to keep. Have you joined any groups or anything online to help you? X

I

invisbleJ

This is a good place to come to connect and build community. Have you ever tried making friends online?
Its hard to make friends online ,av been basically housbound for 6 years ,the farest are convosation get is ,hey ,you okay,what you been up to ,goodbye

I

invisbleJ

Good friends are hard to come by and even harder to keep. Have you joined any groups or anything online to help you? X
Yes but it always really turns out the same ,I haven't really got much to talk about to make a connection with someone

babyblue22

babyblue22

Yes but it always really turns out the same ,I haven't really got much to talk about to make a connection with someone
I felt the same when I was isolating, you almost run out of things to talk about. But if someone was as interested in a connection as you then both would almost want the conversation to carry on even if there isn’t anything to talk about if that makes sense? X

I

invisbleJ

That's the problem though isn't it unless your on a mental health chat forum ,not many people are interested in a connection ,unless it's a relationship ,other than that they have friends and a life and if they want to make new friends ,there mostly made in a social situation

babyblue22

babyblue22

That's the problem though isn't it unless your on a mental health chat forum ,not many people are interested in a connection ,unless it's a relationship ,other than that they have friends and a life and if they want to make new friends ,there mostly made in a social situation
Completely get that. COVID has definitely made it harder in my opinion to connect with people too. Xx