• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I feel so alone with anxiety

K

Kimm

I’ve been suffering for a few years now. It has gotten so bad to the point where it’s affecting me socially. I already deal with social anxiety but now it’s where I can’t even talk to people I’m comfortable around without jumbling over my words.

Today I said the silliest things.For ex: I like chocolate cookies chip instead of Chocolate chip cookies.

i have been forgetting very simple things at work. someone I know asked if I need my brain cells checked (they’re close to me so I wasn’t really bothered).
I even had my best friend say “what is it now with your worrying self.”

These people I know have no idea how draining it is to have anxiety.
To feel like an idiot over your simple errors. not being able to form simple sentences without jumbling over words or not making sense.
before anxiety I considered myself pretty smart but things are different Now.

i no longer want to work because it takes so much out of me. I don’t even want to talk to my family. I just want to isolate myself and be alone. when I’m alone I. Don’t have to worry about humiliation.

i just had to vent.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I’ve been suffering for a few years now. It has gotten so bad to the point where it’s affecting me socially. I already deal with social anxiety but now it’s where I can’t even talk to people I’m comfortable around without jumbling over my words.

Today I said the silliest things.For ex: I like chocolate cookies chip instead of Chocolate chip cookies.

i have been forgetting very simple things at work. someone I know asked if I need my brain cells checked (they’re close to me so I wasn’t really bothered).
I even had my best friend say “what is it now with your worrying self.”

These people I know have no idea how draining it is to have anxiety.
To feel like an idiot over your simple errors. not being able to form simple sentences without jumbling over words or not making sense.
before anxiety I considered myself pretty smart but things are different Now.

i no longer want to work because it takes so much out of me. I don’t even want to talk to my family. I just want to isolate myself and be alone. when I’m alone I. Don’t have to worry about humiliation.

i just had to vent.
Your not alone on here. We all have our issues. People who dismiss you anxiety just dont understand.

Prince of Cinders

Prince of Cinders

I completely understand. At times, the stress and worry of everything is enough to basically shut you down completely. You want to wall yourself off from everyone, because you feel like you're about to be overwhelmed, as if you're standing on a shore with a 100 foot wall of water bearing down on you.

Ghost is right though, and a lack of understanding (and maybe compassion, to a lesser degree) is usually to blame. It's not that they're intentionally being unkind, though that may at some point be the case. It's that in their head, they can't "see what all the fuss is about", because to them it's not a big deal.

We all make mistakes, though. Even people with incredibly high IQ's jumble words and say silly things at times. You're certainly not alone, and i'm sorry you feel the way you do.

anex

anex

Hi, Kimm! That sounds really distressing. You’re definitely not alone in the world and I’m sorry you are feeling that way. It sucks. I can relate to a lot of what you are saying. Sometimes I later cringe at the things I say. Many facepalms.
How are you feeling since this post?