• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

I feel so all alone and very lonely

C

Carol1952

I am feeling a bit anxious but I feel so all alone I have nobody in my family who I can actually talk to they just think I am not all there. I have anxieties I am not stupid. I feel so very lonely and scared. I am so sick of being lonely and scared.

Everyone I know is married so they have a least someone to comfort them when they are feeling like crap. I have a hard time dealing with talking on the phone especially like if I have to call someone.

Now tomorrow I got to call my shrink and I am a nervous wreck I need refills but for some strange reason my mind keeps telling me he wont refill them that is the way my mind works i cannot help it. Yet another part of me says everything is going to be alright. I feel like I have two brains one tells me one thing and another tells me something else i only wish the good brain would take over the second brain, I am sick of living in fear. I just don't know what to do anymore I wish there was a pill for fear.

There are times when I wish I could have someone move in with me, cannot here though. Elderly housing wont allow it. They will evict you if someone else lives with me. Unless of course they pay there part of the rent. Being lonely is not a very good feeling.

I cant wait to see my besty tomorrow but she can only stay 15-20 minutes when she leaves I get all scared all over again. Damn it i am afraid. My late husband use to take care of everything now for 16 years i have to do everything it is way to much stress for me. I feel useless and lost

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Hi Carol,

All of this resonates with me so please don't feel alone. I'm a lone parent who also cares for a very elderly parent and when times are tough, there's no option but to keep going because there's nobody else to take the strain, help out or even just give me a hug and tell me everything will be okay. It sucks, doesn't it? :hug:

I got myself into a state of anxiety last week over making phone calls to the hospital. What I found really helped was scripting them out before I made the call. I literally wrote the dialogue on my computer in front of me and once I started planning it out, I could anticipate how it would go and how the person would respond. It stopped me worrying and also made me very clear and efficient on the phone. xxx

N

Nukelavee

I'm sorry you're feeling like that, Carol.

I've had periods where I felt like that, and it's terrible. Being alone can be hard. But you aren't useless.

Lunar has a good plan - I do it, too, for things I'm scared to deal with. I write out what I want to say, and go over it to keep it clear in my head.

sometimes, I write about how I'm feeling, and why, as though I was sending it somebody. It can help calm you down a bit. Sometimes, when I'm explaining things to myself, I realize what I'm writing makes no sense, like, it helps me realize how irrational I am. Or I realize it later.

Have you tried to write a list of things you find soothing? When we are stressed or/and depressed, we forget there are things that make us feel better, it doesn't even occur to us that anything ever did. If you have a list, you can use it for times like this, choose a few things and try them.

I hope you feel a bit better, soon.

C

Carol1952

Hi Carol,

All of this resonates with me so please don't feel alone. I'm a lone parent who also cares for a very elderly parent and when times are tough, there's no option but to keep going because there's nobody else to take the strain, help out or even just give me a hug and tell me everything will be okay. It sucks, doesn't it? :hug:

I got myself into a state of anxiety last week over making phone calls to the hospital. What I found really helped was scripting them out before I made the call. I literally wrote the dialogue on my computer in front of me and once I started planning it out, I could anticipate how it would go and how the person would respond. It stopped me worrying and also made me very clear and efficient on the phone. xxx
I do that write down what i want to say because sometimes people can be very unpleasant to deal with over the phone,if i can talk to like customer service online i will.U know i had people laugh at me because of the way i talk over the phone guess

I've had periods where I felt like that, and it's terrible. Being alone can be hard. But you aren't useless.

Lunar has a good plan - I do it, too, for things I'm scared to deal with. I write out what I want to say, and go over it to keep it clear in my head.

sometimes, I write about how I'm feeling, and why, as though I was sending it somebody. It can help calm you down a bit. Sometimes, when I'm explaining things to myself, I realize what I'm writing makes no sense, like, it helps me realize how irrational I am. Or I realize it later.

Have you tried to write a list of things you find soothing? When we are stressed or/and depressed, we forget there are things that make us feel better, it doesn't even occur to us that anything ever did. If you have a list, you can use it for times like this, choose a few things and try them.

For me I love thinking about Lords Pointe it is a beach we use to have a cottage down there my dad and i use to get up around 6am and go fishing until about noon. I love to sit in a boat and fish it was just a small boat with a motor we once saw a shark i think it was a fin popped up and went back under but we never saw it again but we quickly moved away from that area.Anyway when my husband was alive i love to go to the beach and take walks mostly ride the rides except for the bullet i did once that was enough no wonder so many people would scream felt like i was going to fall out of it.If u want to check this out Howard T Brown Park it is in Norwich Ct my late husband and i use to go there every single weekend ,twice to in one day we would get some breakfast and just sit and watch the boats coming in and out,or u coiuld see Norwichtown Marina.samething,it is so beautiful there especially at night,so quiet and peaceful u could smell the summer air.oH how I wsh he was still alive he died when he was only 51 had parkensons dease.I was there when he died awful feeling watching someone u love die and my kids are of no help.
they could tell i was nervous i once had to yell at this woman because i coudl tell she was laughing at me and i told her dont u dare laugh at me she said she wasnt bs.Here is a big hug and everything will be ok.I know people tell me the samething then i worry all over again, ugh it sur3e does suck.hope this pix will bring a smile to your face.

acf.jpg

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

What lovely memories, Carol.

Which ride is 'The Bullet'? Is that the one that plunges up and down vertically?

I have lovely memories of rowing down the river with my dad as a child and seeing swans nestling on the banks. I love the sound of oars cutting the water.

DMARXX

DMARXX

"I wish there was a pill for fear"
This really hit me. If only.

C

Carol1952

What lovely memories, Carol.

Which ride is 'The Bullet'? Is that the one that plunges up and down vertically?

I have lovely memories of rowing down the river with my dad as a child and seeing swans nestling on the banks. I love the sound of oars cutting the water.
oh yep it goes upside down no more never rode it again .I lke the octopus and the sky liner and Rocky point when it was open had this ride i loved it was called the musical express thye would play music really loud then u would go forward then backward i loved it. no roller coasters though

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

oh yep it goes upside down no more never rode it again .I lke the octopus and the sky liner and Rocky point when it was open had this ride i loved it was called the musical express thye would play music really loud then u would go forward then backward i loved it. no roller coasters though
I love The Octopus! It gives me the giggles.

C

Carol1952

I would love that nice ride down by the river i just love the water.that is such a nice memory.

DMARXX

DMARXX

I hope I didnt upset you.Ya that would be nice no fear anymore,as if we should be so lucky
no, you didn't. don't worry. It just hit home because if it existed oh how my life would be 100000%

C

Carol1952

no, you didn't. don't worry. It just hit home because if it existed oh how my life would be 100000%
ok .They told me that buspar is suppose to take away fear it did at first no more though.

C

Carol1952

Buspar
Medicine Brand
BuSpar is an anti-anxiety medicine that affects chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced in people with anxiety. BuSpar is used to treat anxiety disorders or the symptoms of anxiety, such as fear, tension, irritability, dizziness, pounding heartbeat, and other physical symptoms. BuSpar is not an anti-psychotic medication .
If only it got rid of the fear,they even increased mine from 10 mlgs to 15

DMARXX

DMARXX

Buspar
Medicine Brand
BuSpar is an anti-anxiety medicine that affects chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced in people with anxiety. BuSpar is used to treat anxiety disorders or the symptoms of anxiety, such as fear, tension, irritability, dizziness, pounding heartbeat, and other physical symptoms. BuSpar is not an anti-psychotic medication .
If only it got rid of the fear,they even increased mine from 10 mlgs to 15
Thank you for the suggestion. is it OTC or prescribed?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Anxiety Forum 7
T Anxiety Forum 3
R Anxiety Forum 1
DMARXX Anxiety Forum 17
C Anxiety Forum 17