• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

i feel sick....

dabearwiffdasammich

dabearwiffdasammich

i kind of binged... i feel way too full... i havent felt like this in a while... i hate it... ive been doing so good lately i dont know why i did it...

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
i kind of binged... i feel way too full... i havent felt like this in a while... i hate it... ive been doing so good lately i dont know why i did it...
Hi Bear,

It's fine. Focus on the unpleasant sensation and jot down a few notes about it so your mind keeps a snapshot memory of this moment - write down how you feel physically and mentally in detail. If you can vividly associate the unpleasant sensations with having a binge, your mind will create new connections to that experience and you'll stop doing it...when you get carried away next time, your brain will remind you to stop because you'll feel terrible as a consequence - that memory will over ride the pleasant memory of eating.

Don't beat yourself up, Bear. It takes time to change our behaviours and you've been doing well. Make it worthwhile and really explore the negative feelings and emotions...then move forward, having used this as a tool to help you the next time. x

dabearwiffdasammich

dabearwiffdasammich

Hi Bear,

It's fine. Focus on the unpleasant sensation and jot down a few notes about it so your mind keeps a snapshot memory of this moment - write down how you feel physically and mentally in detail. If you can vividly associate the unpleasant sensations with having a binge, your mind will create new connections to that experience and you'll stop doing it...when you get carried away next time, your brain will remind you to stop because you'll feel terrible as a consequence - that memory will over ride the pleasant memory of eating.

Don't beat yourself up, Bear. It takes time to change our behaviours and you've been doing well. Make it worthwhile and really explore the negative feelings and emotions...then move forward, having used this as a tool to help you the next time. x
i wrote myself a letter to look at when i feel like i might binge... i tried my best to be as detailed as possible in what i was feeling physically and mentally. im keeping it on the side of my desk so i can see it when i need it. i hope writing it helped, and i hope keeping the letter i wrote to myself helps if and when i need it too. thank you for the advice lunar lady. i think in the past, i wouldnt have taken it... but im glad ive started to listen to advice lately and that im trying to do and be better... just wish it was easier

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
i wrote myself a letter to look at when i feel like i might binge... i tried my best to be as detailed as possible in what i was feeling physically and mentally. im keeping it on the side of my desk so i can see it when i need it. i hope writing it helped, and i hope keeping the letter i wrote to myself helps if and when i need it too. thank you for the advice lunar lady. i think in the past, i wouldnt have taken it... but im glad ive started to listen to advice lately and that im trying to do and be better... just wish it was easier
You’re very tough on yourself. I think you’re doing great.

Make sure there aren’t unhealthy snacks in your apartment - if they’re not there, it’s harder to binge. I was getting carried away with sweet treats during lock down...haven’t had any for weeks because I’m not buying them...I’ve swapped chocolate mousse and Pringles for homemade soup ;)

dabearwiffdasammich

dabearwiffdasammich

You’re very tough on yourself. I think you’re doing great.

Make sure there aren’t unhealthy snacks in your apartment - if they’re not there, it’s harder to binge. I was getting carried away with sweet treats during lock down...haven’t had any for weeks because I’m not buying them...I’ve swapped chocolate mousse and Pringles for homemade soup ;)
Yeah all unhealthy snacks are out of here already. I binged on actual food food last night. and yeah im really hard on myself, im trying to work on that but it's difficult

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I did the same. Ate 5 bowls of cereal now I feel full. I tried 6 months to lose more weight and now I'm starting to gain. I hope you don't binge again. And take care of yourself. I know what needs to be done but having trouble getting back on track. No sweets anymore I think.

dabearwiffdasammich

dabearwiffdasammich

I did the same. Ate 5 bowls of cereal now I feel full. I tried 6 months to lose more weight and now I'm starting to gain. I hope you don't binge again. And take care of yourself. I know what needs to be done but having trouble getting back on track. No sweets anymore I think.
Thank you, and you're not alone. I think we always kind of know what needs to happen to get on track, I think it's just difficult to do. easier said than done and all that. and yep, im having to cut out sweets completely. not safe for me to have them in the house hoenstly

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Mindful eating, guys.

Make a meal a ceremony - sit at the table...take a few seconds to consider the food...then chew each mouthful 30 times. (Not making this up! Cutting edge research) When we chew slowly, the stomach produces more saliva and we get full quicker....you'll eat much less.

I'm watching my food intake too - I was eating out of boredom during lockdown. I'm sipping water all day and that tends to stop me feeling hungry. My relationship with chocolate was getting out of hand :eek2:

Stick together and we can make the changes :hug: