• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel rather depressed today.

Blooming

Blooming

The corona lock down breaks me down! I feel lonely, sometimes panic, feeling that I have little worth and more. Just needed to tell!

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

The corona lockdown is taking a mental toll on so many people. I understand that you would feel lonely and panicky, but why would you feel you have little worth and more?

Blooming

Blooming

The corona lockdown is taking a mental toll on so many people. I understand that you would feel lonely and panicky, but why would you feel you have little worth and more?
Good question! I have several diseases that will make it more easy to die of corona if I am hit by the virus. So I have been isolated here in my apartment, had few visits because friends are in the risk groups as well. I feel that I have been alone for such a long time (since Marc 2020) that I sometimes has to search for the words in my head. I am retired, so no work, but I can still do some work online if I dare to do it, but am still not ready. I think the feeling of worthlessness comes because of few inputs, no feeling of belonging to the society any more, and a not so good physical health because of tendencies to ruminations (steels my time) and have been falling into a habit of doing nothing. I live in a part of world where the vaccination against corona goes very slowly. I had thought I would be vaccinated in this month, but now they do not promise any time. It may be in May, June or whenever ... I think this delay has contributes to my sadness and all that follows in it's path ...

Huckleberry

Huckleberry

Former member
Good question! I have several diseases that will make it more easy to die of corona if I am hit by the virus. So I have been isolated here in my apartment, had few visits because friends are in the risk groups as well. I feel that I have been alone for such a long time (since Marc 2020) that I sometimes has to search for the words in my head. I am retired, so no work, but I can still do some work online if I dare to do it, but am still not ready. I think the feeling of worthlessness comes because of few inputs, no feeling of belonging to the society any more, and a not so good physical health because of tendencies to ruminations (steels my time) and have been falling into a habit of doing nothing. I live in a part of world where the vaccination against corona goes very slowly. I had thought I would be vaccinated in this month, but now they do not promise any time. It may be in May, June or whenever ... I think this delay has contributes to my sadness and all that follows in it's path ...
Isolation is borderline if not complete torture. I have no advice to give but hope you get what you need