• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel no joy, I don’t laugh, all I feel is depression

E

Emotionless1979

I suffer from severe depression and anxiety. My life has been hell for the past 10 years. I have lost my parents, my career, my home, and now my children. I find no joy or happiness in life. I wake up, filled with anxiety. I take my meds throughout the day to help but I think they are making me void of emotions. I was sent to jail for 4 days-Friday-Monday. I never received any of my meds-Clonazepam, Adderall, Gabapentin, Doxepin. By Monday I didn’t even know who I was. (I truly believe something happened in jail. I was coherent Sunday evening, I remember something happening between the other inmates, guards against me. That was my last memory for 5 days, besides hallucinations of “the second coming” The jail never notified my fiancé I was released. They dropped me off to a counseling appointment, where apparently I sat in the waiting room for hours until the police brought me to the ER. I had no idea who I was or what was going on. I was also covered in bruises. My fiancé was notified Tuesday by someone who recognized me where I was. He said that all week, I was “awake” but non responsive. I was incontinent of urine and feces, the Drs thought I was brain damaged and thought I would die. Finally Friday I actually “saw” my fiancé when he came to visit. Things still didn’t make sense to me, I couldn’t discern what was real and where hallucinations.) I was completely detoxed off of all of my meds and didn’t feel right. One thing I did notice tho, was that I actually felt emotions. The side effects from withdrawal were still there-the anxiety, my heart would just race and race. They put me back on my meds, which stopped the withdrawal but now I feel nothing but sadness. I can’t take it anymore:(

calypso

calypso

Admin
HIya and welcome to the forum. You have been through it haven't you? NO wonder you feel the way you do. Have you had a chance to get any therapy for your feelings and experiences? Why did you lose your children? That must have been a huge blow. How old are they? Are you stable now? To not be given your meds in prison is awful! I have heard of this before though.

I hope you find the forum reassuring and kind. Keep posting and we shall listen.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R I cannot feel love Introduce Yourself 8
Floridasteve78 Feel like self harming Introduce Yourself 10
G Will I Ever Feel Better? Introduce Yourself 3
D I'm...don't know if my life...i feel as if my life is hanging by a thread. Introduce Yourself 8
T Trying my best to feel more secure by practising emotional intelligence but need help. Introduce Yourself 7
S I feel like I‘m starting to have anger issues Introduce Yourself 5
girlwiththekittytattoo I'm new and I feel damaged. CSA and drug-facilitated crime survivor with lots of anxiety, struggle with depression and looking into CPTSD and BDD.. Introduce Yourself 7
H Do you feel alone? Introduce Yourself 21
Y I feel empty, detached, anxious, depressed Introduce Yourself 4
M How I feel everyday Introduce Yourself 4
P I feel better already Introduce Yourself 5
I Hello! Anybody feel like comparing notes? Introduce Yourself 7
L Hi everyone, nice to not feel alone Introduce Yourself 10
M Hi. I won't put my real name, so, on here I've decided to go with the nickname: manny_the_damned, because I feel cursed in this reality Introduce Yourself 6
lazemz I feel crazy sometimes, maybe its true Introduce Yourself 4
A Feel like I'm going crazy but can't get any help Introduce Yourself 5
G I feel happy right now Introduce Yourself 1
Z Addicted to food feel guilty after every meal Introduce Yourself 3
D I feel lost and have next to no hope Introduce Yourself 5
M Hi! Feel like things are getting worse! Introduce Yourself 6
G I feel like im going to wreck Christmas. Introduce Yourself 19
Carl Melo How to feel alive? Introduce Yourself 3
R Overwhelmed and feel like I'm loosing my mind Introduce Yourself 12
J How to feel normal again ☹️ Introduce Yourself 6
L New to the site. Hoping to find people that can understand how I feel Introduce Yourself 12
R Hi I feel like I'm losing myself.. Introduce Yourself 5
T Feel like nothing good ever happens to me and I want to die Introduce Yourself 3
P Need to help my husband but feel so helpless Introduce Yourself 9
T I feel like I’ve lost my mind. Introduce Yourself 7
I Don't feel like talkin Introduce Yourself 6
I Need to feel normal need to know i ain’t the only one feeling like this... Introduce Yourself 6
D Have tried supplements ie: inositol,zinc,melatonin vitamin b and so on. Feel ok for a few day's then right back to feeling useless and not worthy . Introduce Yourself 5
S Hi there, getting a feel of this. Introduce Yourself 12
M Hi all! Just joined. I feel isolated Introduce Yourself 7
O Joined so I would feel less alone Introduce Yourself 15
P Maybe someone can explain what I am feeling... I feel insane and a mess Introduce Yourself 4
J My name is Jackie I am 55years old and suffer from anxiety and depression. I feel like Im going off my head. Help x Introduce Yourself 35
K Hi I’m new here, I feel like shit Introduce Yourself 2
R Cannot feel love Introduce Yourself 6
E I feel like a positive/negative person in one Introduce Yourself 7
whyme88 Feel so lonely Introduce Yourself 19
SeekCandor I'm new. But I feel used. Introduce Yourself 3
S I don’t want to feel alone Introduce Yourself 10
T I feel emotionally numb and useless Introduce Yourself 4
E I never used to feel this way Introduce Yourself 3
midnightphoenix I hope all new members feel welcome Introduce Yourself 9
totalgerm feel like I'm going to shit myself, lol Introduce Yourself 7
D Please, I feel lonely. I literally have no friends and no family close by. Introduce Yourself 14
A Feel useless Introduce Yourself 11
G 63 and feel alone Introduce Yourself 4