i feel like...

J

johny

i feel like there is nothing more important out there then what i have lost. i feel like i have lost my soul, myself or whatever you may call it.
I ve lost that most important part of myself, that everyone must have. i dont sense it anymore, all there is left is this anxious me. its like i have lost my life, my space, my time, time for myself. i dont functionate without it anymore.
i fear i will never have it back

The Lightworker

The Lightworker

Being the caring, sympathetic person I am, I want to help in every way.

I understand exactly where you're coming from. For the past eight years, I have struggled and struggled through so much horrifying depression and anxiety. It made me lose every inch of who I was. It made me lose every speck of my soul and my heart. I started not to care about anyone or anything. All that was left of me was an empty body - no soul, no heart, nothing.

So yes, I understand you.

Now I'll tell you what helped me. I meditated for days, pondering on what I could possibly do to find myself again. And I came up with something - volunteering, helping people. That's exactly why I'm here - to help people who are struggling and fighting against what I had been battling all these years. My calling is helping those in need whether it be mental illnesses or the homeless.

Once you find your calling, I'm certain you'll find yourself and your soul again.

I believe in you. You are able and you are strong! :)

J

johny

could i be anxious because i dont feel any enjoyment?
I mean it is so important for me to not feel anxious.. i cant hide from the world if i feel anxious and when even that is taken from you its terrible

S

starfish

Hello Johny, anxiety seems to go with depression, I dont know why ,unless its losing your self esteem, which could be what you describe. I've struggled with these two things for a long time, but have gradually become better, so there is hope, it can take time. The Lightworker does have a point, but of course you have to be ready to embarke on voluntary work, its a big undertaking when you dont feel well, but in the mean time taking part in activities is a good start to give yourself a sense of acheivement and enjoyment. I go to a mental health resource centre that has social time where you can meet others like you and they sometimes put on courses. theres Link into Learning aswell, also your local Library usually have a folder of activities. I know what your going through, I've been there myself, luckily I've had good support from my MH team. All the best.:)

The Lightworker

The Lightworker

could i be anxious because i dont feel any enjoyment?
I mean it is so important for me to not feel anxious.. i cant hide from the world if i feel anxious and when even that is taken from you its terrible
To be honest, I don't think I've ever been anxious because of lack of enjoyment before, but yes, that could be the case. I'm sorry I don't have much to say about this, but I've just never experienced such an anxiety as that before.

But I promise you I'm here if you need someone, just message me whenever. :)