• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I feel like people are watching me

S

savavdpeas

I feel like people are watching me through my computer's webcam. It's been going on for quite some time. It should be illegal. I do not know much about computers, so I cannot do some kind of test to see if my computer's webcam is active. Whenever I look at the webcam, the webcam's light is not on. But there is probably a way for someone to watch me through my webcam without turning on the webcam's light. I have not received any kind of blackmail or threat, which is why this delusion of mine is perceived as "iffy" by me. Even so, why the hell would someone want to watch me? What kind of sick person would do that?

W

Worriedyin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I feel like people are watching me through my computer's webcam. It's been going on for quite some time. It should be illegal. I do not know much about computers, so I cannot do some kind of test to see if my computer's webcam is active. Whenever I look at the webcam, the webcam's light is not on. But there is probably a way for someone to watch me through my webcam without turning on the webcam's light. I have not received any kind of blackmail or threat, which is why this delusion of mine is perceived as "iffy" by me. Even so, why the hell would someone want to watch me? What kind of sick person would do that?
Can you put a sticker over the lense?

I used to do that on my laptop etc but don't these days, it's a sensible precaution to take really.

If you have a separate webcam you could unplug it while you're not using it.

S

savavdpeas

Can you put a sticker over the lense?

I used to do that on my laptop etc but don't these days, it's a sensible precaution to take really.

If you have a separate webcam you could unplug it while you're not using it.
Thanks, I think I will do that.

L

linus

Yeap, why would someone like to see through your webcam? It’s good that you challenge such thoughts with reason.
On the other hand I would like to have people watch me, I would feel important :) although I guess it would boring as hell, they would see me once in a while jerk off, but not something succulent :)

D

DSwole

I feel like ppl are watching me too! They are watching me w/o cameras though. Technology has come a long way. That's what the voices tell me anyway.
The voices make me feel like I can't function every day. It's rare that I have a good day. This prevents me from making important phone calls, doing laundry, showering and cleaning. Does anyone feel like the voices control them physically as well as mentally?Does anyone feel like they aren't hallucinating and that these voices are for real?

L

linus

What do you mean they are watching you without cameras?

SheringhamMan1972

SheringhamMan1972

If you have a first aid sticky plaster then cut one end off (the sticky part) and cover the camera lens on your computer or laptop ..................... your own security is paramount and this will give you peace of mind :) Let me know if this helps ease your anxiety about this.

D

DSwole

What do you mean they are watching you without cameras?
Ill try to explain as best as i can. The voices respond to every situation im in. As if they can see what im doing and what those around me are doing.In and out of my home.I swear on everything I love that I am not hallucinating. I don't know...i just feel like people on here might think im really crazy for not saying or "admitting" that im hallucinating and don't want to talk to me because of it. I just want help with this...im suffering so much and my son lives with me and he's 9 and he suffers with me as well.Whoever is in charge of this whole operation is determined to sabbatoge me. I almost wish I could say that they are just hallucinations and that would actually make me feel better and maybe come to terms with accepting this whole thing...but unfortunately, I don't feel that way.Not at all.😭😭

L

linus

What you describe is more the type of “I feel” rather than “I know”, I am just trying to think about this closely and realise what is reasonable to happen and what’s not. Laws of universe are still here :)

W

wegina

Ill try to explain as best as i can. The voices respond to every situation im in. As if they can see what im doing and what those around me are doing.In and out of my home.I swear on everything I love that I am not hallucinating. I don't know...i just feel like people on here might think im really crazy for not saying or "admitting" that im hallucinating and don't want to talk to me because of it. I just want help with this...im suffering so much and my son lives with me and he's 9 and he suffers with me as well.Whoever is in charge of this whole operation is determined to sabbatoge me. I almost wish I could say that they are just hallucinations and that would actually make me feel better and maybe come to terms with accepting this whole thing...but unfortunately, I don't feel that way.Not at all.😭😭
It is the same way for me, too. I know the voices are not a hallucination. I've been experiencing them for about 3 years. The way I feel about them changes all the time One thing that I feel is that they are basically good. You just have to look at it different. I now use them to amuse myself Instead of feeling tortured by them. The different voices have pretty distinct personalities. They are actually very funny now that I thinking about them differently. I actually like them, some are very annoying and I have learned to block those out. I think it's very amusing when I'm around people because I'm having a conversation in my head with the voices and the people have no idea that I'm not the only there.

D

DSwole

If you have a first aid sticky plaster then cut one end off (the sticky part) and cover the camera lens on your computer or laptop ..................... your own security is paramount and this will give you peace of mind :) Let me know if this helps ease your anxiety about this.
[/Q
What you describe is more the type of “I feel” rather than “I know”, I am just trying to think about this closely and realise what is reasonable to happen and what’s not. Laws of universe are still here :)
It is the same way for me, too. I know the voices are not a hallucination. I've been experiencing them for about 3 years. The way I feel about them changes all the time One thing that I feel is that they are basically good. You just have to look at it different. I now use them to amuse myself Instead of feeling tortured by them. The different voices have pretty distinct personalities. They are actually very funny now that I thinking about them differently. I actually like them, some are very annoying and I have learned to block those out. I think it's very amusing when I'm around people because I'm having a conversation in my head with the voices and the people have no idea that I'm not the only there.
Wow that's very interesting! I wish my voices were nice to me. I would be able to live with that.The fact that they are down right nasty is disturbing.Plus, they are able to do whatever they want to me physically and it is really awful. They have kept me up at night made me sleep during the day.Made my toungue swell up which is rather uncomfortable. This is embarrassing but they make me gassy. All day long and during the night. I mean every 5 minutes.etc...they make me have severe anxiety every that.The worst thing is they make me feel like i am unable to function.

EdEd

EdEd

Wow that's very interesting! I wish my voices were nice to me. I would be able to live with that.The fact that they are down right nasty is disturbing.Plus, they are able to do whatever they want to me physically and it is really awful. They have kept me up at night made me sleep during the day.Made my toungue swell up which is rather uncomfortable. This is embarrassing but they make me gassy. All day long and during the night. I mean every 5 minutes.etc...they make me have severe anxiety every that.The worst thing is they make me feel like i am unable to function.
Did the tounge swelling happen around the time you took medicine? Because that kind of sounds like tardive dyskinesia

D

DC1

Some of this sounds like physical symptoms that might occur anyway. I don't think the devilish voices could do that.

D

DSwole

I don't have a laptop so i don't think they are watching me through there. These ppl respond to my situations in and out of my home.Its really scary.