• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel like my depression is starting to affect me in secondary ways

S

SadRainbow

Former member
I've been very depressed for about seven months. Somehow I've been able to maintain pretty good self esteem and confidence, and I can still manage a fair bit of social interaction. However I'm over the past few days that I'm feeling insecure about my friendships, doubting and second guessing myself... Wondering if I'm losing my social skills. I think my self esteem and confidence is starting to get chipped away. Years ago I used to absolutely hate myself. I really don't want to end up like that again, especially not with depression too.

I don't know what to do. I'm already exhausted and hopeless from my depression. I really don't want more struggles. I feel like my depression has already taken so much from me and now it's wearing me down even more.

Racer

Racer

i wish i could do or say something helpful. i relly hope you can get past the depression. 🌈☀

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

Former member
Think positive vibes and thoughts 🍀
You’ll work thru this.
Even if things get worse you can always turn them around :shove:

B

Berntist

so sorry you are feeling this way just to let you know your not alone

Talula67

Talula67

I've been very depressed for about seven months. Somehow I've been able to maintain pretty good self esteem and confidence, and I can still manage a fair bit of social interaction. However I'm over the past few days that I'm feeling insecure about my friendships, doubting and second guessing myself... Wondering if I'm losing my social skills. I think my self esteem and confidence is starting to get chipped away. Years ago I used to absolutely hate myself. I really don't want to end up like that again, especially not with depression too.

I don't know what to do. I'm already exhausted and hopeless from my depression. I really don't want more struggles. I feel like my depression has already taken so much from me and now it's wearing me down even more.