• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I Feel Like I'm Dying

I

IsThereLight

Hello. I'm in dire need of support and input. I have had anxiety since my early teens. This then led to Panic Disorder. I was diagnosed with anxiety at 18. The symptoms as you are all aware are terrifying and right now I'm terrified that I'm dying. My anxiety and panic are back full force the last couple of months. I haven't had any triggers or events to exacerbate this. I'm experiencing this scary tingly rush throughout my body which starts in my head and spreads to the rest of my body. It's internal. Very frightening. I cannot think of the words I need to say, I constantly wake up with numbness in my arms. This overwhelming feeling of death is imminent is paralyzing and I get this terrifying sensation frequently. It comes out of nowhere. I look at my daughter and think that moment will be that last time I see her. My latest symptom is a very tight upper chin that tightens even more when I speak. It feels tingly as well. It will not go away. It's getting difficult to speak because it gets tighter and feels like it will go numb. My biggest fear is that I'm going to suffer a stroke. I'm 34 and life shouldn't be like this. I'm also afraid I have MS or possibly cancer due to looking up the symptoms about my chin issues. I seriously think I'm dying and nothing seems to help. I'm on an antidepressant, a benzo as needed, and it's not helping me. I'm so scared. I'm terrified I will be found dead and leave my 8 year old daughter. I can't speak to anyone about this as they do not understand.

O

Orangeade

Hello. I'm in dire need of support and input. I have had anxiety since my early teens. This then led to Panic Disorder. I was diagnosed with anxiety at 18. The symptoms as you are all aware are terrifying and right now I'm terrified that I'm dying. My anxiety and panic are back full force the last couple of months. I haven't had any triggers or events to exacerbate this. I'm experiencing this scary tingly rush throughout my body which starts in my head and spreads to the rest of my body. It's internal. Very frightening. I cannot think of the words I need to say, I constantly wake up with numbness in my arms. This overwhelming feeling of death is imminent is paralyzing and I get this terrifying sensation frequently. It comes out of nowhere. I look at my daughter and think that moment will be that last time I see her. My latest symptom is a very tight upper chin that tightens even more when I speak. It feels tingly as well. It will not go away. It's getting difficult to speak because it gets tighter and feels like it will go numb. My biggest fear is that I'm going to suffer a stroke. I'm 34 and life shouldn't be like this. I'm also afraid I have MS or possibly cancer due to looking up the symptoms about my chin issues. I seriously think I'm dying and nothing seems to help. I'm on an antidepressant, a benzo as needed, and it's not helping me. I'm so scared. I'm terrified I will be found dead and leave my 8 year old daughter. I can't speak to anyone about this as they do not understand.
Hi welcome to the forum! I’m sorry to hear about how you’re feeling! I know anxiety can be debilitating. Have you spoken to a therapist? If it is available to you? Can you ask to change medications, as it seems they arent working for you. Sending you a lot of love. Im here if you ever need anyone to talk to and im hoping to give you some help x

I

IsThereLight

Thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate it. I have had a medication adjustment recently. I just feel terrible. I feel like these symptoms are something serious. I have had blood work, CT scans, and many other tests. I just don’t understand where all of this is coming from. I’m so afraid of dying😔

O

Orangeade

Thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate it. I have had a medication adjustment recently. I just feel terrible. I feel like these symptoms are something serious. I have had blood work, CT scans, and many other tests. I just don’t understand where all of this is coming from. I’m so afraid of dying😔
I think it may be your medication! Changing medications can upset our system in a way

I

IsThereLight

Really? It’s been about 2 weeks that I upped the dosage. I thought I would feel a bit better but nope. The physical sensations Im having send me into severe panic. It’s a terrible cycle. I’m so sensitive to any body sensation now. I’m also getting these electric sensations in my arms that travel to my hands. I’m also severely fatigued.

O

Orangeade

Really? It’s been about 2 weeks that I upped the dosage. I thought I would feel a bit better but nope. The physical sensations Im having send me into severe panic. It’s a terrible cycle. I’m so sensitive to any body sensation now. I’m also getting these electric sensations in my arms that travel to my hands. I’m also severely fatigued.
They say it takes 2/3 months

I

IsThereLight

Oh goodness. Well the last thing I expected was that it would give me symptoms of having or about to have a stroke! I’m so sorry to be venting like this. I’m just so scared. Thank you for hearing me out. It helps a lot.

O

Orangeade

Oh goodness. Well the last thing I expected was that it would give me symptoms of having or about to have a stroke! I’m so sorry to be venting like this. I’m just so scared. Thank you for hearing me out. It helps a lot.
Vent all you want thats what im here for! X