• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I feel like I would be better off dead

B

bofbof

Hey guys. I heard about death of nba draft prospect Terrence Clarke. I'm sorry for him and his family. But I honestly think that If I Had his life, and die at 19,I would really happy. I mean, I'm the same age as him. From what I have seen,living 19 years of his life,then die looks probably better than 19 years of mine and still living.everyday, i think that suicide is better for me.*
I don't know but that's how i feel

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I wish I could offer you some services that you could contact in Côte d'Ivoire but I'm very sorry that I can't find any. Usually we would recommend the Samaritans or something similar.

Please talk to family and friends, the people who will be most effected should you take your own life and talk to the people here for a while.

19 is such a young age, there's so much to life and things never stay the same for long so I hope you can find the will to carry on living.

Please take good care of yourself.

B

bofbof

Thanks for advice.IWhat i like about this forum is that u feel that people really care.I'm not so much a family guy. and, I don't really have friends so close that i feel I could talk to about this.So , here i am . It's cool to talk with u,even if i never met u

Z

ZechariahElijah

Struggling with mental health leaves you feeling like it will never get better. But there may be better days ahead.

Are you talking with a counselor or seeing a psychiatrist for med management? Both those things can help.

T

treasurebox

What your thinking and feeling is temporary. It will pass. You will have better tomorrows and a beautiful life.

Many times I have wished to die and attempted suicide but there is still hope and that I can have a better life.
And so will you.

Listening to motivational and uplifting songs on youtube helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen to it daily or as you need to.
What are you good at and what do you love or enjoy doing? Is it cooking, baking, doing arts and crafts? Whatever it is, do it for it will make you happy and even fulfilled.

Helping someone or a group will make you feel better. Find someone that you can help. You can volunteer to help in your community or online. You may coach or teach online.

E

EclipticNight

To be fair you would not be happy, you would not exsist anymore. It would be like before you were born. If you stick it out a bit longer it gets better. The teenage years really suck.

Z

ZechariahElijah

hang out here and talk to us. We are glad to listen, to help you, to learn from you in any way that we can.

D

ddjaz0

Hey have you tried anti depressants ? Can be a good solution to all that.
Here check in: if you could change anything in your life right now, what would it be?
If you had 10,000,000 dollars what would you buy?
Who is the best looking female you know?
What is the best/worst thing in your life today?

Anyway good luck 🍀

Argon

Argon

Hey guys. I heard about death of nba draft prospect Terrence Clarke. I'm sorry for him and his family. But I honestly think that If I Had his life, and die at 19,I would really happy. I mean, I'm the same age as him. From what I have seen,living 19 years of his life,then die looks probably better than 19 years of mine and still living.everyday, i think that suicide is better for me.*
I don't know but that's how i feel
I thought like that when I was a teenager. I guess I still do. My life has had some good periods though. Enough to justify going on? Maybe. I mainly stick with it out of curiosity. I want to know what's going to happen. Mother nature will make sure to take care of killing me eventually.

2Much2Feel

Totally get your point. I remember a therapist saying to me "To compare is to despair" and I try to remember that. I felt the same way after an amazing guy who was quadriplegic took his life, I was comparing his obstacles to mine, wondering how he managed to say in the end that he had a wonderful life. I can't say the same. I'm not successful as he was, and on and on. But keep in mind we don't know what the realities of that kid's life were behind the headlines as well. I'm sure he had his struggles.

Please hang on and get some professional help. Suicide is NEVER the answer. After 50 years of wanting to off myself (my mom claims I first said it when I was 3), I can tell you from experience that the 2 times I almost did die scare the hell out of me now. It's a temporary situation, that's a permanent action. Life changes, goes up and down, but to make that decision is always a mistake. I saw a panel of people who had survived nearly unsurvivable suicide attempts, and each one of them said that the last thought they had as they pulled a trigger or whatever they did was "this is a mistake, I didn't want to die." I felt the exact feeling when I did something irreversible to myself and thought I was going to die alone in a parking garage, it's not that you want to die, you want the pain to stop, and that is something that you can work on with a professional and get past this extreme pain. There will always be pain in life, but it's never worth ending it. It keeps me up at night to think I wouldn't have ever had my son. Please hang in there. It kills the people who care about you.

U

Usedup

Please listen to @2Much2Feel. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I say that to myself all the time.