• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I feel like doing something drastic

valleygirl

valleygirl

Since I can't self harm anymore without making it really bad, I feel like doing something drastic, like shaving my head. But I would look hideous, because I am FAT, UGLY AND DISGUSTING.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I really do hope you don't find a way to do anything and certainly no shaving of head young lady.

I am sure you really aren't any of those things.

xxx

valleygirl

valleygirl

I feel like I need to do something that shows how much pain I am in. But I'm broke until June 1st so I can't even go get my hair cut or dye it bright red. I can't afford to do anything.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
There must be a way to show just how much pain you are in without doing anything to hurt yourself or something else.

Can you contact your therapist at all, in anyway? I'm sure she will want to know how much you hurting and the lengths you are willing to go to, to show it.

Even just by writing a long letter.

I know how you are feeling, I really do.

xxx

valleygirl

valleygirl

I'm going to a mood disorders group in a few minutes. I haven't been for awhile. And I see my psychiatrist tomorrow morning. But I just saw my therapist yesterday, so I really don't feel like I can call her or email her about how bad things are. Yesterday was really hard--we did a PTSD protocol around my cousin being murdered, and I really started remembering a lot of things about that time, and how I felt, not just about my cousin, but about my family, particularly my mom's reaction. I didn't feel anything during the session, but when I got in my car and started driving home, that's when I started to feel like I was in shock. And then I had other memories surface, things I hadn't thought about for a long time. I wrote about that in another thread last night, but all my threads seem to be running into each other. I'm sorry I've just been posting like crazy today about all my shit.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Keep on posting if it helps :) and it's not crazy shit at all. You should see some of the things I posted this morning :redface:

I think she would understand if you contact her, especially if you were doing PTSD stuff in your sessions. I think she would be shocked if that didn't effect you in any way.

I hope the group helps, even just a little.

xxx

valleygirl

valleygirl

Thanks, Marliee! The group was way more helpful that I ever thought possible! I posted about it in experiences, but be forewarned, it is very long.

K

Karl L

Hey Valleygirl.
Don't be so down on yourself. Im sure you are a lovely caring generous person who deserves nothing but good fortune in your life. Stay strong and please do not do anything drastic. Take care x

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello, please don't do anything drastic, you'll regret it later and it will make you feel even worse.