• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I feel like a lost/scared child who wants to always hide.

S

SweetBipolar

My social phobia is so severe. I don't know if there is something else wrong with me other than bipolar. I get this feeling that I am so shy..my mind goes blank. I can hardly look up or speak to people. I fidget with my hands out of nervousness. I feel like a small child. I really almost feel like I turn into a child whenever dealing with people. That they are all adults & I have no idea what they are talking about. I freeze and drift off in my mind. Its really weird and a scary feeling. I wish I could fully get over these feelings because its ruining my life. I always feel like a little child who is so shy & needs to hide and needs protection from my parents. But I am 30! This is not even a joke. I know I am a loser. I hope to get over this. Does anyone know these feelings? I am working with my therapist on this and its really hard. I don't know if this is only social phobia or something else.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

30 today is different to 50 years ago. Modern life gives us different experiences. I do know that often perhaps depression or anxiety can create low self esteem. What I am saying is that you are stronger than you think. Try to start believing in yourself.

S

SweetBipolar

30 today is different to 50 years ago. Modern life gives us different experiences. I do know that often perhaps depression or anxiety can create low self esteem. What I am saying is that you are stronger than you think. Try to start believing in yourself.
Thank you for your kind words.

MarieRose

MarieRose

We all have our inner child that is scared and shy and silently suffering from whatever fears,neglect and shame we experienced in childhood.You do well to acknowledge that this little child is in you and still scared and feeling lost in the adult world among the adults.Ideally you want to love and nurture this inner child be an adult that loves,supports and sustains the child,talk to him or her lovingly and reassuringly,give them attention at least 90% of the time,once this inner child heals the wounds from the past and feels loved,protected and supported by you your grown up self will also heal and you might find your social phobia eases off and is no longer such a big problem in your life.You can find books on amazon to help you with inner child work.