• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel like a freek

P

plummy

From the age of 20 I have had had a feeling in my head that I have literally lost my mind. I feel like my mind has crumbled and disappeared down into my spine. I am currently going through a very hard time having separated from my wife and now live alone.

The treatment for the feeling in my head is a anti-psychotic drug which makes me feel even worse and has not changed the feeling in my head. In fact when I make up in the morning I feel absoluetely awful. I tried to stop taking it for two days but woke up on the second morning full of anxiety and tension and had to go to the doctors where I broke down and cried. Ironically afterwards I felt better but the advice was to go back on the drug.

Some days I feel so deparate. I have a four year old son and sometimes it is only thinking about him that stops me ending it all.

Has anybody ever heard of similar symptoms to mine. The doctors do not believe it has actually happened but I am convinced that it is reality and not my imagination.

S

starfish

dolores

hope you get some help soon . have you been referred to a mental health team? if not maybe you could ask your doctor.

S

*Sapphire*

had to go to the doctors where I broke down and cried. Ironically afterwards I felt better but the advice was to go back on the drug.
This happens so often. Doctors and psyches regularly prescribe pills because of the lack of funding for proper talking therapy or lack of time to listen. But in your case talking seemed to help so I wonder if that is what you really need?

It sounds like you are going through a really hard time at the moment, do you have anyone to talk to about it aside from your GP?

You can talk to someone from relate, they offer individual sessions. Or there is a place in Farnham called the Horizon centre they do family therapy and psychoterapy. It might be asking your GP for a referral there rather than them giving you a handful of pills.

Take care
Sapphire

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C I feel so alone and 😭 so hurt Depression Forum 5
M Do you feel guilt (of your depression) or not ? Depression Forum 21
K I feel jealous of old people. Depression Forum 12
P feel stupid all the time Depression Forum 8
bellwether I wish I didn’t feel this way Depression Forum 1
soulsearcher been sleeping a lot last few days and feel weak no strength or energy Depression Forum 2
bellwether Why Do I Feel Good One Min & Sh** The Next?… Depression Forum 26
J I feel like I'm doing everything wrong Depression Forum 4
Lucy87x Does any else feel like me? Depression Forum 11
T Do you feel better in the mornings? Depression Forum 23
B I have a great life, still feel like shit most days Depression Forum 12
P Feel worse than before. Depression Forum 12
P Even though I have support I still feel alone Depression Forum 20
S Anyone else feel like they are on the outside, looking in? Depression Forum 12
B I feel suicidal Depression Forum 30
JogoLagomorpha I feel so inadequate Depression Forum 8
S As we get older, aren't we supposed to feel more put together? Depression Forum 3
O I Feel Bad For The Heart Depression Forum 2
S I achieved something this morning but I don't feel good about it. Depression Forum 8
X I feel so tired all the time. I just don't want to live like this. Depression Forum 18
R I feel like I lost it. Depression Forum 31
L Feel like it’s my own fault Depression Forum 9
M Feel So Awful Depression Forum 6
sagetea 123 I feel like I am going around in circles... Depression Forum 6
KittyCat92 Just feel like I need to share what’s in my head right now Depression Forum 7
R i feel like a degenerate Depression Forum 3
T Do you feel the modern world discourages novelty Depression Forum 8
L I Feel Like Lashing Out... Depression Forum 10
sirhamsy Today i feel so empty Depression Forum 2
Sendmetothevoid13 Do you ever feel like you're existing and not living? Depression Forum 37
K I feel very lost in general Depression Forum 11
ILikePancakes I Feel Like I shouldn't Get Help Depression Forum 3
B Feel like ending it Depression Forum 12
Amelia2020 Feel depressed about how distant and cold my family is Depression Forum 6
I Feel very depressed Depression Forum 21
P Feel so unloved Depression Forum 6
doexdeer Do you ever feel like Depression Forum 7
KittyCat92 How does it feel to say it out loud for the first time? Depression Forum 20
P I feel so useless and depressed because I can't drive Depression Forum 2
T I feel so guilty because of how apathetic/empty I am. Depression Forum 2
K Feel like i'm slowly giving up Depression Forum 3
ILikePancakes I Feel Sad Depression Forum 2
Sxzopen I feel lonely and I want to disappear Depression Forum 7
C When you just feel overwhelmed by it all Depression Forum 14
S To the people on here who make me feel pathetic. Depression Forum 48
J Theres so much and I feel alone Depression Forum 8
ILikePancakes I feel so sad :( Depression Forum 3
G Does Anyone Else Feel Like This.. Depression Forum 9
A I want to be alone, just do not want to feel lonely. Depression Forum 5
N Just want to feel something Depression Forum 6