• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel like a demon has posessed me at times.

S

SomeIdiot

I feel as if I am being possessed by a demon at times. I will start to feel myself get a little light-headed, and start to have 2 people fighting over control for me, then the evil takes control. So far, it has been mostly text through which this has happened, but it is starting to have some IRL effects. The demon wants me dead at all costs, but wants to - if possible - preserve my body for use as a host for itself. I am going insane, and I need to stop it. I am not going to the authorities, because I know for a fact that they will lock me up. A person with similar problems as me tried to go to the authorities very recently, and they tried to lock them up. Example: I am talking to some people, I start to lose control and split into 2 people. We fight for control until the demon has control, and I say extremely offensive things to them. For about a week afterwards, I have suicidal thoughts A LOT. For the first 5-10 minutes, I CANT stop thinking about suicide. I tried to post this on a different forum, but it was not taken seriously. So what do I want?

Listed in most important to least important:

*To know WHAT is happening
*To know WHY it is happening
*Ways to help myself without the authorities

Some more notes: I did not have anything that traumatizing happen to me, accept being abandoned by a pretty close friend. I put on a mask, to say, and only have recently been taking it off. I take zoloft. I do not think it is actually a demon, but I used that as a tag because it is very similar. I put this on the bipolar forum because it is the closest disorder to what I think I have.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
Have you tried going to church or a spiritual advisor for help? I'm sorry this is happening to you. Welcome to the forum.
Take care

S

SomeIdiot

I dont 100% believe in god, so that is a bad idea. Plus, they're priests, not physiologists.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
I dont 100% believe in god, so that is a bad idea. Plus, they're priests, not physiologists.

Hi,
Sorry, you stated you didn't want to go to the authorities. If you see a phychologist it's likely you will be sectioned for treatment.
You may get worse, I'd see a dr. You wouldn't be locked up for life.
We can't diagnose you on a forum.
Take care

D

Dottyone

Former member
Hi,
Sorry, you stated you didn't want to go to the authorities. If you see a phychologist it's likely you will be sectioned for treatment.
You may get worse, I'd see a dr. You wouldn't be locked up for life.
We can't diagnose you on a forum.
Take care

Wrong

No one would be locked up for life if they were having a pyschotic episode.

A GP 'Doctor' is not qualified to make a mental health assessment either, they can only refere or take part of a 2 person section if qualified.

To the OP, don't be scared to approach your GP/Doctor, they are a big key to an assessment and help.

And never read crap on the internet as fact.

It's full of shit.

You take care and don't be scared, have a chat to your doctor.:hug:

OP

Last edited:
Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Wrong

No one would be locked up for life if they were having a pyschotic episode.

A GP 'Doctor' is not qualified to make a mental health assessment either, they can only refere or take part of a 2 person section if qualified.

To the OP, don't be scared to approach your GP/Doctor, they are a big key to an assessment and help.

And never read crap on the internet as fact.

It's full of shit.

You take care and don't be scared, have a chat to your doctor.:hug:

OP
Hi,
I said he/she wouldn't be locked up for life, I am aware that a GP or psychologist would refer to a psychiatrist.
Please don't refer to my posts as shit.
I was trying to help the OP.
Thanks

S

SomeIdiot

Just tell me whats wrong with me

is it bipolar? Did? Halp

SoftRain

SoftRain

Sounds very scarey. I notice a lot of people Have these kind of spiritual type episodes when in distress/psychosis. Please talk to a doctor about it. We don't know what you have it could be bi polar, schizophrenia or any variety of dysfunction going on in your brain. They have medication that can help you, that sometimes is temporary or sometimes people end up needing for a long time. But the fact is you need to see a professional to quiet the voices causing you distress. Talking can really help too.
Wishing you peace.
When I have been very stressed I also have had thoughts thAt I was being attacked by an evil force. It's just a passing thought though, but I have bi polar 2

Last edited:
SoftRain

SoftRain

Hi,
I said he/she wouldn't be locked up for life, I am aware that a GP or psychologist would refer to a psychiatrist.
Thanks

I didn't think your post was shit!!! This got me laughing.😂😂

Rustie

Rustie

If it is what you think it is, say it is, you need to close yourself to evil so that it cannot get to you and cannot posses you. We do not understand all of this and we don't really know, any of us, what is happening spiritually but i am scared of possession and often worry that this has happened to me or it has been attempted on more than one occasion.

If it is psychosis, you could get help to take away this fear you have by seeing your psychiatrist. Your g.p. can also help you.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

thats an interesting statement and yet you seem believe in demons bit of an oxymoron. only saying.

psychologist and psychiatrists will put you on medication and give you some "coping mechs"

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Hi,
Thanks

dunno but i read this as No one would be locked up for life
if they were having a pyschotic episode.

S

SomeIdiot

I already stated that I was making a metaphorical comparison with what was happening with me to a demon possessing me. After a lot of online testing, I am relatively sure that I have bipolar type 2, as I have people in my family that are bipolar, and because I have had a history of suicide in the past.

6ofusathome

I am sorry for what you are going through. It sounds very scary. As a youth and again as a person in my 30s I had a lot of demon activity...well blackness and figures that would swarm around me and I always thought they were trying to kill. Me it was so creepy and terrifying to feel them crawl over my body.

I was/am a spiritual person and nothing made the 'demons' go away....then I started an anti-psychotic and voila...no more demons or any other hallucinations. To say I was relieved is an understatement.

I KNOW you don't want to involve authorities or anyone else. I also totally get that. I think MANY on this forum have felt that way.

I hope you can find the courage to talk to someone who can help you get the help you need.

:hug1:

Rustie

Rustie

Bipolar 2 and demon possession? I don't understand.

Last edited: