• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel jealous of old people.

K

Kayaker

Former member
Old people endured life for so much and soon they're gonna have the reward of eternal rest.
I'm 21 and I can't stand living anymore. So when I see old people, I just feel jealous. I wish I was in their place. I can't stand these 21 years of live, but they could stand almost a century being alive.
Old people, you are heroes. For enduring this ridiculous life so much without doing something to your lives. Thanks for being an example.

jajingna

jajingna

I don't envy old people. Most of them look unhappy.

K

Kayaker

Former member
I don't envy old people. Most of them look unhappy.
The point is they're gonna have their eternal rest soon without having to go through the pain of killing themselves. I didn't say anything about happiness. For me happiness is an illusion, nobody is ever happy, all a living being can be is satisfied and that's it.

Siegfried

Siegfried

I understand depression, I've suffered it all my life, I know what it does to a person but oh boy, you really don't know what you're saying.

I have several elderly relatives and the relentless decay they have to endure is pretty sobering.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Former member
I am middle-aged. I understand that now. I am the generation in between old and young.

It is kinda cool. I am still young enough to do sports and old enough to be confident. :)

M

Misssad1111

Old people endured life for so much and soon they're gonna have the reward of eternal rest.
I'm 21 and I can't stand living anymore. So when I see old people, I just feel jealous. I wish I was in their place. I can't stand these 21 years of live, but they could stand almost a century being alive.
Old people, you are heroes. For enduring this ridiculous life so much without doing something to your lives. Thanks for being an example.
im jealous of old people too

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
I don't like how my parents used to change my nappy and look after me and stuff. I think they must be narcissists trying to make me co dependant.

jajingna

jajingna

And I guess many old people are often jealous of young people. "Oh, to be young again."

B

Bod

Former member
I'm 60 and the last 20 yrs have been pretty good, some good days some bad but the good are far better than the bad looking forward to the next 20 yrs.