• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I feel detached from myself and not with it today 😢

Bonnie23

Bonnie23

I’m suspected bipolar, and today I feel detached from myself, like I feel as though I’m not quite in my body and mind, my nerves are shredded too! And I feel sad and tearful but also upbeat at the same time if that makes sense? It’s like I’m in two moods at the same time and also bad tempered and irritable. Has anyone else experienced this?

B

boffin1252

Yes I get that sounds like rapid cycling or mixed episode. Needs psychiatrist diagnosis tho. Make sure you get the correct diagnosis tho you don't want to be on the wrong medication.

Bipolar seems to be the new craze at mo. Think lots of people are getting incorrectly diagnosed these days. Bipolar meds are the most toxic to your health.

Bonnie23

Bonnie23

Yes I get that sounds like rapid cycling or mixed episode. Needs psychiatrist diagnosis tho. Make sure you get the correct diagnosis tho you don't want to be on the wrong medication.

Bipolar seems to be the new craze at mo. Think lots of people are getting incorrectly diagnosed these days. Bipolar meds are the most toxic to your health.
When I take my lamotrigine I seem to calm down a hell of a lot, although I still deal with the moods they would be a hell of a lot worse without the lamotrigine I was getting worse before I started this medication. I’m just worried what if I have got bipolar? I asked my CPN how will I know if I have bipolar? And she said we will know if you have it if the lamotrigine works for you.

B

boffin1252

I'm on quitirepine 300mg. It does help with calming you down, and sleep. It has badly reduced my fitness tho.

B

boffin1252

Do you ever get angry phases like you could really attack somebody.Or feel happy and you can accomplish anything. That's supposed to be manic. Depression is like life not worth living.

Bonnie23

Bonnie23

Do you ever get angry phases like you could really attack somebody. Or feel happy and you can accomplish anything. That's supposed to be manic. Depression is like life not worth living.
Yes except it doesn’t feel like anger it feels more like rage, as though I could end up in a fight.
Iv broken things and caused arguments for no reason, Iv even thought about something that happened a while ago and that’s made me angry too! When I’m like that I literally hate people and can’t stand to be around them, everything about them irritates me. And the depression I sink so low it’s not worth living. I’m actually scared to be honest it’s really scaring me.

B

Blue Opal

I’m suspected bipolar, and today I feel detached from myself, like I feel as though I’m not quite in my body and mind, my nerves are shredded too! And I feel sad and tearful but also upbeat at the same time if that makes sense? It’s like I’m in two moods at the same time and also bad tempered and irritable. Has anyone else experienced this?
The first part sounds like dissociation to me, and I don't know if that's a bipolar thing. I don't think so.
The 2nd part I can relate to. But I also have bpd traits and feel that those moods are more my bpd.