• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I feel awful when I do anything to exert myself

C

Cyber_stan88

Hi everyone. I have GAD. I Have had it for about 5 years now. I manage it the best I can daily without medication. Some days are horrific. I’m a dad of two, Married etc. It seemed it to creep up on me out of nowhere. (Which I know it didn’t) but that’s how it felt. The thing that is the hardest thing for me is the Physical symptoms. The easiest way to explain is that I feel like I have a massive hangover everyday. I Feel jittery, unbalanced and generally unwell. These symptoms exacerbate massively when I do anything that raises my heart rate. And I mean just going for a long walk with the family. Does anyone else struggle with this? Mentioned it to the dr couple of times and I just get the same “useful” comments.
Thanks
CS

S

StillDepressed

I struggle with something similar.
I link my anxiety to my heartbeat so anytime my heartbeat increases through exercise my anxiety suddenly increases even if my heartbeat was increasing for a normal reason. I'm prescribed propranolol, a Beta-Blocker to maintain a low heart rate, I'm on a high daily dose, but this can be prescribed in very small take as you need doses.

I

itsmeagain

I struggle with something similar.
I link my anxiety to my heartbeat so anytime my heartbeat increases through exercise my anxiety suddenly increases even if my heartbeat was increasing for a normal reason. I'm prescribed propranolol, a Beta-Blocker to maintain a low heart rate, I'm on a high daily dose, but this can be prescribed in very small take as you need doses.
Propranolol is useful in treatment of anxiety too.

Blooming

Blooming

Have you had a proper Physical examination. When my anxiety was at its worst, I was sent to an examination of my heart. They found nothing, but that was the intention with the examination, that I should be sure about that the anxiety attack was not dangerous.

Relaxation exercises are a must, when you have anxiety. You have to do them every day to have an effect in the long run.

Good Luck!