• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I feel asleep in a team meeting today.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

We have a daily meeting at 10 am. I was awake for it, but each of us has a turn to talk.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know - the meeting is over!

Boss did not say anything thankfully, we chatted afterwards but he did not bring it up.

How embarrassing! lol

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Lol , yea.. hehe atleast you got some rest. ;-)

JessisMe

JessisMe

We have a daily meeting at 10 am. I was awake for it, but each of us has a turn to talk.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know - the meeting is over!

Boss did not say anything thankfully, we chatted afterwards but he did not bring it up.

How embarrassing! lol
lol!

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

It happens. I was traveling to the far east a lot a few years back. I went to Japan 8 separate trips in one year, I had a bad case of jet lag. I fell asleep on a conference call and didn't have my mute turned on. I must have been snoring into the phone, someone mentioned it later. But, it happens. That's life.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

yes thankfully mute was on otherwise it would have been worse. yes that is life. we are real folk.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I was in a department meeting years ago and I could not stop myself from constantly falling asleep. I was doing head bobbing. When my head would drop the pull on my neck would instantly wake me up. I was so embarrassed but I couldn't stop doing it. It didn't help that the meeting was at 2 AM after I just ate a big lunch.....we worked nights. After the meeting a few coworkers told me it was pretty funny how my head kept bobbing, but my manager never said anything to me about it.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I just made myself laugh by another memory of me falling asleep. So I worked nights, and I decided to take a Calculus 3 college course to further my education. I worked all night Monday through Friday and my college classes were Monday through Friday 8 to 9AM. It simply did not work out for me. If you looked through my notebook, it was full of strange lines drawn across every page where I fell asleep while trying to write down math problems the professor was doing on the chalk board. I even fell asleep at a red light once when driving to the University from work. I woke up when my foot slipped off the brake pedal and I bumped into the car ahead of me. The guy in front yelled at me what my problem was, but luckily there was no damage to our cars. I never got better than a 50% on any of my exams but everyone did so bad in that class, he curved our grades and I ended up with a B+ average. That is so screwed up......he should have just failed us all.

Architect

Architect

crazy falling asleep stories really enjoyed reading them. Narcilepsy is a condition where this can happen anytime anyplace anywhere.
I've fallen asleep in class I don't work on anyones time but my own so I've never had a problem with it - if I feel like sleeping I can I've slept all over the place.

I

itsmeagain

I slept and snored really noisily in a relaxation class and on a night shift a few years back.