• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

I feel alone

L

Lonedoc

I am a mom a wife a daughter a daughter in law and all the bloody relationship titles u can think of. But I am alone. I hv no one to talk to. My hubby is busy ,my in laws r in laws ,n parents... idnt wanna bother them. I feel lk crying all the time. I cant sleep I eat a lot I dnt wanna gp out n meet anyone anymore. This has increased in last month. I was always fat which my mother in law always reminded me of. I am a doc myself but i cud never help the shame she gave me. In front of every one she wud say my tummy looks lk I m 7 mnths pregnant my arms are fat i may not have children ever. Now that i do i am raising them wrong n they will be obese lk me n my brother. I hate it n i tell that to my husband but he says it's all in my head and he goes back to his video games. Sometimes i feel lk just ending it all but my son n my parents' face reminds me to live it through. Nt my husband nt my in laws. Mine was a love marriage which is still a big deal in my country and love went out the window after 3 mnths. Now I have no one. I m crying rt now. I hv become so helpless. This when I tell to my hubby he says dnt be a damsel. What do I do??? How do I see it through??

J

JCPraha

It is very difficult. I see you are depressed and you feel no close connection with your family members. They are not supportive, only criticise you. I also feel very alone. My wife criticises me constantly, because I get depressed and I am not cheerful. I really don't know what to do. I suppose in some ways, everyone is really alone in this world. People, even family members, cannot always be relied upon. It is quite difficult. I understand you. I have no easy answers to it. I face life alone as well.

B

bpd2020

Hello Lonedoc and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you are going through all this. Your mother is law is a bully. Nobody has the right to comment on your weight. It is very hurtful. Your husband dismissing your feelings is not on. You are his wife and it is his role to take your concerns seriously. It sounds like you would really benefit from some therapy. Is that an option for you?

L

Lonedoc

It is. I am considering it. But again too afraid to say it out loud sometimes.

J

JCPraha

Yes, I agree, some therapy may be helpful. You are going through a lot of difficulty. Someone to talk to about it would be helpful.

B

bpd2020

I can understand how difficult it can be to vocalise your experiences. It makes it seem even more real. Maybe writing them down could help.