• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I fear I will ruin my relationship

S

SparkleNerd

I've struggled with my severe anxiety since I was a child. My first major anxiety attack was in 3rd grade. I developed minor ulcerative colitis due to my anxiety. So it's always caused me problems. A little over a year and a half ago, I started dating the love of my life. He knew about my severe anxiety, as well as all of my other disorders, but he still chose to be with me. Nothing could have made me happier.
Lately, though, I've been having a lot of anxiety attacks, and they have ended in us fighting. I then realized that when I have an anxiety attack in relation to our relationship, he feels that he is lacking and that his love isn't enough***. Obviously, I was devastated by this thought. I felt selfish and conceited and like a complete and utter failure. I felt that I was just a total burden and then the fear set in. What if he wants to leave me because he feels that he's not enough? So I'm kind of freaking out....

***to be perfectly fair, he did not tell me that he felt that way. I believe he feels that way due to his reactions and because of knowing him well

Antimatter

Antimatter

So thank him for his patience and understanding. Cook him dinner and treat him to something he likes x

S

SparkleNerd

I cook for him daily as it is. He gets annoyed when I dwell on things by thanking him like that. It feels like that's not enough when it happens continually

S

SparkleNerd

Thank you. I'm not used to being enough. And I have a hard time bringing things up because of how I've been mistreated in the past.