I drove in NYC traffic and on NJ turnpike!

G

gabzgrl

I took a vacation with friends to NYC. It took us about five and a half hours of driving to get there, plus we drove in through the tunnel which was crazy! Cars don't even turn on their signals and just push in front of you like a mob. My friend drove us there and I drove for about an hour, but in NYC he got drunk which forced me to drive us home. I had to drive out of NYC at 4:30 am which was good cuz there no traffic in the tunnel etc. But then I had to drive on the highway and interstate etc. Then our phones turned off in PA and I had to guess our way back home. It was crazy but I'm proud that I've been only driving for a year, have schizophrenia, and can still drive in city traffic. I've never even drove in DC! I've had my car for a year so this was the first time driving in a real city.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Good story gabzgirl. We all believe you. heheheh. no really good stuff.

Prospector

Prospector

Congratulations !! Glad to hear this. Driving with mental illness is quite a challenge. I drove for 17 years but had to give it up due to panic attacks. Thanks for sharing as it helped brighten my mood today. Keep up the good work.