• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't want to eat

L

Ladylala

I hate my body so much I just want to stop eating to lose weight, I know it's un healthy but it's just how I feel! :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I get that feeling, it can be very tempting but you have to understand that by doing that if you feel rubbish mentally it might make you feel worse and physically it will make you feel worse as well.

I hope you don't do that.

Marliee x

E

Elizabeth1

It's à more sensible idea to cut down and eat carefully prepared meals that will keep you healthy.

valleygirl

valleygirl

I know how you feel. When you are in that place of hating yourself and hating what food is doing to you, it's easy to go to the opposite extreme of not eating anything. I recently tried restricting, and it hasn't worked. I just had low energy all day long, low concentration, and then at night I've ended up bingeing. I know it's hard, but it's more effective to eat well balanced meals, making sure to get enough calories to sustain you throughout the day. You won't drop the weight overnight, but under-eating won't achieve what you are hoping for either. When you don't eat enough calories your metabolism slows down in order to hold onto the calories you are consuming. I know it's hard. I struggle with food and weight every day as well.