• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't want to eat

valleygirl

valleygirl

I don't want to eat. I don't want to feel hungry. I am furious that I feel hungry and that my body needs food.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When I am in a really bad cycle I don't eat as a form of self harm.

Do you think it might be the same for you?

x

S

Soulfrombody

A lot of times, I stop eating to feel in control. When everything is awful and I can't fix anything, I just stop eating. I hate it. I hate that I've been doing it for so long but I know I'll never get help willingly.

valleygirl

valleygirl

I've been eating okay, but today I've been doing some homework for therapy around my cousin being murdered, and feel like I was run over by a truck. I have no appetite or desire to eat supper. I know I am teetering on the edge, and I could very easily slip into restrictive eating. And to be honest, I want to. I want to have that feeling of being in control of food, instead of bingeing and food being in control of me.

valleygirl

valleygirl

I am just waiting for tomorrow when I can talk to my therapist. But what I want most is for her to hold me in her arms. I feel like a scared little girl right now. Remembering things I don't want to remember. Why is it necessary to drag all this up again?

pepecat

pepecat

I found that while it was horrible and painful and triggery and all sorts, working through stuff that happened to me was the best thing to do. Trying to ignore stuff was what was making me unwell, and I got to a point where I just couldn't do it any more.
It's like trying to sit on a jack in the box. Eventually it pops up and 'wallop' = crap all over the place.

It might suit us better to keep things ignored and hidden in the short term, but long term it's likely to come back and bite us on the ass.