• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't want to be around anyone

M

mistaken-identity

I am really struggling. I can't stand being around people. I feel silenced and don't know what to say. I feel a bit dazed one minute then in floods of tears the next. I just don't want to be around anybody, and when I am, I can't say anything :( I just don't understand what's happening to me :(

Gajolene

Gajolene

This sounds like anxiety issues to me. Are you getting any counselling or help to help you cope with this? I suffer social anxiety and panick disorder with depression at times. I can understand why you're feeling this way,

M

mistaken-identity

yeah I have therapy weekly, I'm just fed up of being very tearful :(

M

Mastiff mom

I really relate to you-- sometimes I just can't be around people and times my depression is so bad I can't stop crying either. You're not alone. A good therapist can help and sharing on here helps me,too. Big hugs.

nonotme

nonotme

I am really struggling. I can't stand being around people. :(

can so relate to this, I just don't like people any more. I live in almost isolation which really isn't good, I have less than an hour a week on average contact to the outside world.

F

fair&square75

I can be the same,I'm scared to go out and when people ask why the only answer I can give is I'm sick of being judged for who I am and I hate backstabbing,I've met an awful lot of nasty people in life and used to be so trusting (part of the problem with me) but for all I hate staying in the house,I couldn't take another person judging/slagging me off etc,got myself into one hell of a rut that feels extremely hard to get out of so I can relate with this,it feels like when I do go out and try and get my life back the way it was,something happens to get me back in my box again,also have very little tolerance through people like I've described when one time I was the most patient and tolerant person in the world,I think maybe the trick is baby steps ,like building confidence and self esteem up,but I know this is easier said than done...i cry as much as I breath lol I see my crying as an outlet that's gotta come out,I do know when my son was poorly with anxiety/depression he told me he cant find anything to talk about...when he got a little better it was the opposite,sometimes its like when we are suffering mentally its giving us time out Ina way to try heal and rebuild and now my son is as gobby as he ever was,I told him it would come back when he got a little better and he agreed,I know everyone is different though, sending you my love,always here if you need to chat x

Last edited:
M

mistaken-identity

glad I'm not on my own. I am getting angry being around people, keep ending up in tears. my work is suffering, my friendships are strained. I just want to die :(:(:(:(