• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't understand

D

davidlh

I feel like there is a storm going on inside of me. For as long as I can remember my mind has made up other worlds. In the past this has pretty much only happened when I was alone, and I have always been able to put on a front of normalcy They would go away if I was concentrating hard on work or in social situations. But more and more it is getting harder to shut these images and sound out. And getting harder to tell the difference between what is real and what isn’t. I find myself having to touch items to make sure they are really there and I don’t feel like my body is mine. It feels like some alien being that I’m trapped in. I feel out of place among other people and most of the time really do not understand what is going on or what people are talking about. I’m surprised that I have been able to pull of acting like everyone else as long as I have. It’s like I know how to behave and respond in situations and how to appear in public, but it doesn’t make since to me. I’m not sure what is wrong with me or even where to look for help

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Davidlh,
Can you get a referal to a counselor from your GP?
Maybe you could print out what you wrote above and show it to him/her?
That's my suggestion for a first step. Good luck to you. :)