• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I don't understand how life works

S

sunlilies

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't understand how other people understand but I don't. I don't know what it's like to work or drive a car. It's like magic to me. It doesn't make sense, and it's so mysterious. Other people just seem to know how life works, and everything seems so easy to them. But to me it's like the world just doesn't make sense.

jajingna

jajingna

"Seem to know" might be the key phrase there, and "seems so easy" too. Maybe most people are just as confused as you are. And I doubt most things just come easily for most people. I wonder if you asked 100 random adults, "Do you agree with the statement: Life is hard and often confusing?" --- wouldn't all 100 reply "yes" without hesitation?

S

sunlilies

ACCOUNT CLOSED
"Seem to know" might be the key phrase there, and "seems so easy" too. Maybe most people are just as confused as you are. And I doubt most things just come easily for most people. I wonder if you asked 100 random adults, "Do you agree with the statement: Life is hard and often confusing?" --- wouldn't all 100 reply "yes" without hesitation?
Thank you. I agree with you. I still feel like other people understand life more than me. I seem so lost and isolated all the time. I don't know what to do except stay in bed and feel suicidal.

hORIzonFINK210

hORIzonFINK210

look alot of times our view on life and from the point we awake can be lost, in stress. Do not let your head get too big..

S

sunlilies

ACCOUNT CLOSED
People go to university. They get jobs, have relationships, are able to go outside alone. All I do is spend time inside. The outside world is scary. Most people are very rude. They throw their trash everywhere. They make the world feel like a nightmare. I am safe when I am inside. But I am so bored and isolated. I will spend the day doing nothing. I will probably go to sleep. Everyday is the same.

hORIzonFINK210

hORIzonFINK210

thats completly fine.. hunn... the world is devine in its own right. You are precious you are included. just give it some time..

S

sunlilies

ACCOUNT CLOSED
thats completly fine.. hunn... the world is devine in its own right. You are precious you are included. just give it some time..
Thank you.

And thank you everyone for the replies. I hope you're all doing well.

S

SadRainbow

Nobody understands life really. Some lucky people are at peace with it all. Some very lucky people simply enjoy it.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Can you think of anything you enjoy? If you can, find ways to do it. If you don't enjoy anything then maybe try to find ways to help other people and/or animals so you can at least feel glad you've done something good.

S

sunlilies

ACCOUNT CLOSED
take thing lightly, have some humor..
:grouphug:

Nobody understands life really. Some lucky people are at peace with it all. Some very lucky people simply enjoy it.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Can you think of anything you enjoy? If you can, find ways to do it. If you don't enjoy anything then maybe try to find ways to help other people and/or animals so you can at least feel glad you've done something good.
Thank you. Yes, I feel like I need to start doing things with my life. I spend too much time alone with my terrible thoughts. Maybe going outside for walks would help, but I'm so afraid of people. But I will try. Thank you!

S

SadRainbow

:grouphug:

Thank you. Yes, I feel like I need to start doing things with my life. I spend too much time alone with my terrible thoughts. Maybe going outside for walks would help, but I'm so afraid of people. But I will try. Thank you!
Walking really helped me come out of my last depression 🙂

L

Lucyrose

Start small. See how you feel. You have to do the things you don’t want to do in order to make a change. It is the same for everyone, but it may not seem that way as you are so isolated, I think some sort of therapy would help. There are charities online so maybe start with that, it’s not going to get any worse is it? Try change your environment, go for a short walk, even if you don’t feel like it, go for a walk 10 minutes a day and set that as a goal. If you have no one to talk to day in day out you WILL be depressed. Maybe go to the doctors and seek help. Therapy and medication- as much as you don’t want to do these things it is the only way forward. Otherwise you will be in the same place forever. You have nothing to loose. You just feel very lost and isolated and have sunk into bad habits. Also never compare your life to others, it doesn’t help

L

Lucyrose

Also, sending lots of love. Sorry that you feel this way ❤

S

Siegfried

If you suffer from mental illness that causes you to isolate from the world then inevitably the world itself seems strange and foreign, because you don't get to go through all the many, regular experiences than most other people do.