• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I don't trust me, I never did.

G

gotmeunderwater

Since kid I don't have self-trust. When I was 8/9 I was scared of asking to play football with others kids in school because I feared they would make fun of me because I didn't know how to play (I always played football outside of the school but I didn't stayed much time in a team because I always started to feel hated for my lack of skill). I couldn't sleep alone till my 10/11 years, my mom would lay me down, but in minutes I would come after her crying or scared with something in my room. At 11 or 12 my teacher spoke to my parents to put me in a psychologist because I talked to myself out loud.
My parents divorced when I was 12/13 and I never felt much attention and affection from my father but my mom always did everything for me. At age of 14 I start to have problems and begin to self-harm, at 15 I tried to suicide and I just went to family's doctor 1 or 2 times but hospitals make feel so anxious I can't feel good inside so I barely talk something about me, back then I ended up saying everything was fine and that I went through everything.
Today, it's the same thing, but in a different scenario. Recently I broke up with my girlfriend because I didn't feel enough for her and thought she needed better (I regret this so much). Like her, people are always saying that I'm a good person, that I'm smart and pretty, but I don't feel it. I hate me and I hate that. I hate that I can't see the Brightside of things. My conclusion is that I have always been my greatest enemy and I'm tired of it but I never change. I can't really see the blue sky outside because I myself put a gray cloud over me. Sometimes I feel like suicide and self-harm again but I start to feel guilty for having that kind of thoughts. At this point I don't know anything of my mental health. I think I have social anxiety because I'm always afraid of seeing someone I know or to have some social interaction that happens fast. Sometimes I feel like I can do anything and I try, but at some point, I end up telling myself that I really can't and that I'm just being stupid. Then I feel unmotivated for a few days until I feel motivated again. Sometimes I feel very angry at everything, even my closed ones and that's not healthy.
I am afraid that one day I may go down and end up doing what I did in the past, I try to fight everything but the snowball only grows with each passing day.
Thanks if you read this whole text!! Say something!

J

JeanPierre

Well that is horrible to feel that way.
I hope you find your answers to help you.
The stress is real right now.
Welcome here.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

"Sometimes I feel like suicide and self-harm again but I start to feel guilty for having that kind of thoughts."

Why should you feel guilty for having that kind of thoughts? A thought is just a thought, and our mind is a thought generator.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L I don't trust antidepressants Depression Forum 6
V I don't think I can do this anymore, too overwhelming to bare i'm just tired of it all Depression Forum 2
C I just don't get it... Depression Forum 2
P I Feel Like I Don't Have Almost None Happiness Hormones Left In Me Depression Forum 12
J I am lost and don't know what to do or think Depression Forum 14
Fairy Lucretia i don't want my aunt to die Depression Forum 4
Bezerker I need help and don't know where to post Depression Forum 10
Fairy Lucretia i don't feel well Depression Forum 9
W I need to unload and don't know how to talk about stuff so this is my shout in to the void Depression Forum 3
Fairy Lucretia people that don't understand MI /depression Depression Forum 15
Fairy Lucretia do you care if people don't like you? Depression Forum 29
S Ever felt sad but don't know why? What's going on :\ Depression Forum 8
E I don't know what I'm feeling anymore Depression Forum 7
October Rust i don't want to do this anymore Depression Forum 8
babysharkdududu I don't know anymore Depression Forum 4
U A part of me doesn't want to go, but I don't have anything to stay around for Depression Forum 26
P I don't like my own birthday. What about you? Depression Forum 27
D Don't want to be alone anymore Depression Forum 15
S I don't know what is wrong with me! Help! Depression Forum 8
J HELP! Had my first therapy session today. Don't know if I should continue further. Depression Forum 13
I Don't know how much more can take :( Depression Forum 8
TwistersofThoughts I don't understand Depression Forum 12
A Suffering from a depression whose reason I don't realise. Depression Forum 13
Mummyoftwo I don't know... Depression Forum 4
S I don't want a job, but it's what people have to do. Depression Forum 27
S I just don't know anymore Depression Forum 4
S Abruptly losing motivation and don't know what to do Depression Forum 3
I I don't know where to start.. Depression Forum 6
B I don't care about any consequences anymore Depression Forum 11
Connorisnotokay Don't know what I'm supposed to do Depression Forum 11
N Disconnected and don't belong Depression Forum 9
moonperson vent/advice: I really can't stand myself and I don't want to like this person who I am. Depression Forum 14
E I think I can be in a depression, please I don't know what to do Depression Forum 3
C I don't see the point, or joy, in anything. Depression Forum 8
C I don't know what to do Depression Forum 4
K Despite struggling w/depression, I don't know how to help my fiance Depression Forum 2
Ineedhelp2921 I don't want to be here anymore Depression Forum 8
M let down by nhs and don't know where to turn Depression Forum 13
S I'm sad and I don't know why Depression Forum 6
JustinS1998 I Don't Even Know Depression Forum 11
L If I Don't Believe I'll Ever Be Happy, Does That Guarantee I Won't? Depression Forum 41
Kerly13 I don't belong here Depression Forum 31
R I don't know how to help my friend Depression Forum 10
K lack of motivation and i don't know what to do with my life Depression Forum 6
I i don't have a life Depression Forum 6
D Parents don't accept me. Depression Forum 3
I i've given up on life, i don't care about anything anymore Depression Forum 6
S i feel hungry but i don't eat Depression Forum 3
Feritas I feel so empty. I don't even know why anymore. So here's my story. Depression Forum 2
P Medication intolerance...don't know what to do Depression Forum 12