• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't think I'll ever find love

• Thread starter Thegirlandtattoo
  • Start date
T

Thegirlandtattoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I genuinely think I'm destined to be alone! It's difficult to connect with anyone.

B

bpd2020

It sounds to me like you just have not met the right person. Some times a connection can build up after getting to know somebody and learning if you can trust them. Please do not let a bad experience make you feel you will never find love.

SL01

SL01

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I feel the same way at times. I have trust issues. I’ve liked a few guys before, but they’re almost always someone I’m close to, and I don’t want to risk it.
I have a hard time talking to guys since I have no experience. Even if I ever manage to get to know someone, I worry he’ll leave me once he finds out I have anxiety and such.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm on a site called www.nolongerlonely.com.

It's a dating site for people with conditions like ours, there seems to be plenty of people from London on it but not too many from my neck of the woods so I haven't had any joy on it yet.

I tried what Blue Spark suggested and 20 years passed without finding love so I don't subscribe to that ideology, now I'm taking action by going on various dating sites/apps.

Had some interest in me on another dating app but I don't drive and they're a little out of my preferred range. The latest woman to 'like' me was gorgeous but she's over 30 miles away.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Taking a break

It's a dating site for people with conditions like ours, there seems to be plenty of people from London on it but not too many from my neck of the woods so I haven't had any joy on it yet.

I tried what Blue Spark suggested and 20 years passed without finding love so I don't subscribe to that ideology, now I'm taking action by going on various dating sites/apps.

Had some interest in me on another dating app but I don't drive and they're a little out of my preferred range. The latest woman to 'like' me was gorgeous but she's over 30 miles away.
i heard bad things about that site, looked up the reviews on sitejabber :( (just saying)

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Apart from the lack of people from my area that are active and they're tight with the amount of messages you can send per month but as a free member I've no complaints.

I haven't paid anything to be on there and doubt I ever will.

Now match.com costs me nearly £20 per month and I question if all the people who have supposedly looked at my profile have actually looked and the app isn't just throwing random people up on my page, apparently I've been checked out by people all over the country but some of them are from my area.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Taking a break
Apart from the lack of people from my area that are active and they're tight with the amount of messages you can send per month but as a free member I've no complaints.

I haven't paid anything to be on there and doubt I ever will.

Now match.com costs me nearly £20 per month and I question if all the people who have supposedly looked at my profile have actually looked and the app isn't just throwing random people up on my page, apparently I've been checked out by people all over the country but some of them are from my area.
its just i learned the hard way to pay attention to reviews about places on the internet before getting attached to the site :(

B

blue spark

I guess i was just one of the lucky ones,i never had to try.Saying that,i'm alone now.I don't mind being alone because in the past iv'e had a fantastic time.

T

Thegirlandtattoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED

Wow I didn't know such a thing existed! Thank you

Zaz

Zaz

The deepest love you will ever experience is the love that lies within your own heart. When you are able to open your heart and look inside it is a magical moment, a revelation that all you ever needed was already there 🙂