• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I dont think i will ever understand people. So annoyed.

Confusedandanxious

Confusedandanxious

I have repeatedly been told to die by a family member. Repeatedly had my previous suicide attempt thrown at me, as a taunt to try and bring the suicidal thoughts to the forefront of my mind it seemed.

Now...this same person is posting loads about how they are always there for people. For people to send them a message so that they dont need to deal with things alone etc.
Posting posts claiming that they are checking in on people and hoping that everyone is okay.

It has made me so annoyed. I just dont understand how they can say those things to me, and anyone else they get angry at - to then go to the complete opposite end and acting like they're extremely supportive. WTAF!

At least it helps me see that I made the right choice in cutting off from them. Annoying that they're playing the victim with my choice though. It really makes me want to speak up and let people know the truth, but I wont stoop down to that level. I know the truth will come out on it's own.

I just needed to vent. It really has annoyed me so much. I cant understand it.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I'm sorry, some people really are assholes.

I could have written the exact same post about my sister in law.

I wish I could completely cut her out of my life but I do still have to deal with her every now and then.

Confusedandanxious

Confusedandanxious

I'm sorry, some people really are assholes.

I could have written the exact same post about my sister in law.

I wish I could completely cut her out of my life but I do still have to deal with her every now and then.
It's horrible. I am so sorry you have to deal with your sister in law still when you would rather cut her out.
Toxic people are so draining and such hard work.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

It's horrible. I am so sorry you have to deal with your sister in law still when you would rather cut her out.
Toxic people are so draining and such hard work.
Thanks.

I agree,toxic people are ExTrEmElY draining!!

Linda1989

Linda1989

The same with my sister she treat me like shit but when something happen like if i ended in the hospital she acts all supportive.

Confusedandanxious

Confusedandanxious

The same with my sister she treat me like shit but when something happen like if i ended in the hospital she acts all supportive.
Ah Linda that sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with that kind of treatment too.

I think that's probably one of the hardest things about those types of people. Unless its witnessed, it's hard to have others believe you that they're like that.

A

anxious idiot

Sounds exactly like someone I used to know, who researched my mental health condition to the best of her ability so that she could use it as a weapon to attempt to convince me to commit suicide. Absolutely evil.

K

Keesha

Sorry you are going through this but who ‘does?’ People are complex.

A

anxious idiot

Very, very true.

I don't understand people, nor do I ever expect to.