I don't really know where to begin.

Benno_W

Benno_W

Hi Everyone,

I'm Ben, and I came across the forum today in the hope of finding a safe place to talk. I've been struggling with anxiety and depression for almost 3 years now, but it seems to have really gotten a lot worse in the last year. I've been trying to deal with it, but I've been doing it wrong, and I became dependant on alcohol to get me past my anxious phases. I've now joined a rehabilitation group so that I can try and overcome my demons with alcohol, but I'm still struggling with my mental frame of mind is, as I don't really know what is supposed to happen next in my life, and I spent the better part of yesterday and today crying, because I'm so frustrated that my life has come to this point.

I'm currently sat in my office at work, and I can't focus. I've had to leave the room twice to cry, and I just didn't know what else to do, so I looked for somewhere to come and talk, and hope that I can just try and make sense of everything.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Staff Member on Leave
Hi Ben and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
You've come to the right place, its friendly and supportive here.
I really think you should go back to your doctor and ask to be referred to some talking therapies. Therapy like CBT can help with anxiety, also talking really can help you in general with your depression.

I know what its like to be at work and have your head spinning with stuff that you cannot control. For me what i started doing was to write it all down. What the thoughts are and then i could work out where they came from and tackled things that way.

Keep talking, here to listen
Hugs
Fox

1e0g

Hi Everyone,

I'm Ben, and I came across the forum today in the hope of finding a safe place to talk. I've been struggling with anxiety and depression for almost 3 years now, but it seems to have really gotten a lot worse in the last year. I've been trying to deal with it, but I've been doing it wrong, and I became dependant on alcohol to get me past my anxious phases. I've now joined a rehabilitation group so that I can try and overcome my demons with alcohol, but I'm still struggling with my mental frame of mind is, as I don't really know what is supposed to happen next in my life, and I spent the better part of yesterday and today crying, because I'm so frustrated that my life has come to this point.

I'm currently sat in my office at work, and I can't focus. I've had to leave the room twice to cry, and I just didn't know what else to do, so I looked for somewhere to come and talk, and hope that I can just try and make sense of everything.
Hi Ben. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes alcohol can seem like it’s an easy way out. But remember alcohol only gives us temporary happiness. And often that high you get is often followed by a very severe low. I can’t give you any advice to cure your addiction. But I feel like you need to find something to occupy your time. Like a hobby. Or doing something which will take your mind off things. It will be hard but we are all put on this earth for a reason. And we are still surviving for a reason. Stay strong 💪🏼