• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I don't like who I see in the mirror.

B

bofbof

Everyday when I wake up and look into the mirror, Im litteraly disgusted

R

Rizzano

Start by telling yourself you are worth something. Start small, and pick one thing you are good at and remind yourself of it from time to time. There is a term, fake it until you make it. This applies here. Every time you have a negative thought about yourself, force yourself to tell yourself something positive, even if you don't believe it.

B

bofbof

Thanks. But everyday, I make the same choices that make me feel like shit. Just because im too much a coward to fight

R

Rizzano

That's why you fake it until you make it. You have to start by slightly altering your behavior if you ultimately want to alter your perception of yourself. I learned this in therapy. Just a small change like telling yourself something positive about yourself every time you have a negative thought can be all the change you need to start. Pretty soon it becomes habit, and the more you do this, you will begin to believe it. You have to start somewhere.

M

ManDss

Everyday when I wake up and look into the mirror, Im litteraly disgusted

Happens me the same. Was worse a some years ago, but sometimes (oftenly) still I have that feeling.

L

lowinmood

I hate looking in the mirror, I don't find myself to be attractive at all, my face isn't symmetrical and my eyebrows are so fair you can't see them. I wish I had eyebrows. Plus I'm ageing and my face isn't as plump as it was. I was much more attractive 10 years ago.