I don't like the new mh clinic

F

firemonkee57

The interior layout is more complex than the old place and it makes me very anxious worrying about taking a wrong turning/getting lost.
Then to get out on the ground floor you have to press a button to open the door except the button isn't near the door which would make it easier but a little way away and i'm getting really anxious about not being able to get out because i can't remember/visualise where the button is . I will look such a fool looking for the button.

Wondering how many natracalm to take to completely space me out so it all washes over my head.

:unsure:

I am almost tempted to shout ' How the **** do i get out of here?' I'd get looks but would they be any worse than the looks i'll get if i have a hysterical meltdown.

I am trying to convince myself that i'm not the only one that has had difficulty knowing where the button is but in my head it's like i'm the only idiot that doesn't know and everyone will be smirking/sniggering at me. :eek: :redface:

amathus

amathus

The interior layout is more complex than the old place and it makes me very anxious worrying about taking a wrong turning/getting lost.
Then to get out on the ground floor you have to press a button to open the door except the button isn't near the door which would make it easier but a little way away and i'm getting really anxious about not being able to get out because i can't remember/visualise where the button is . I will look such a fool looking for the button.

Wondering how many natracalm to take to completely space me out so it all washes over my head.

:unsure:

I am almost tempted to shout ' How the **** do i get out of here?' I'd get looks but would they be any worse than the looks i'll get if i have a hysterical meltdown.

I am trying to convince myself that i'm not the only one that has had difficulty knowing where the button is but in my head it's like i'm the only idiot that doesn't know and everyone will be smirking/sniggering at me. :eek: :redface:
Firemonkee, I feel that these are perfectly natural worries, which are causing you added anxiety...
you have used similar expressions such as..' smirking/sniggering at me' in a few of your latest posts, are you surmising that people will actually think these things of you?

Are you getting any kind of opportunity to talk these 'anxieties', through with, such as a mental health professional?

F

firemonkee57

Firemonkee, I feel that these are perfectly natural worries, which are causing you added anxiety...
you have used similar expressions such as..' smirking/sniggering at me' in a few of your latest posts, are you surmising that people will actually think these things of you?

Are you getting any kind of opportunity to talk these 'anxieties', through with, such as a mental health professional?

It's hard when you have no cpn/ care coordinator and your window of opportunity to talk is narrow ie during the brief period as you are on the conveyor belt that is the depot clinic .
Also i keep stuff to myself for fear of being dismissed/trivialised as i was in the past and then when i pressed the point labelled 'awkward/demanding/troublesome'

I find it hard to imagine that others might feel the same about such a situation.

amathus

amathus

It's hard when you have no cpn/ care coordinator and your window of opportunity to talk is narrow ie during the brief period as you are on the conveyor belt that is the depot clinic .
Also i keep stuff to myself for fear of being dismissed/trivialised as i was in the past and then when i pressed the point labelled 'awkward/demanding/troublesome'

I find it hard to imagine that others might feel the same about such a situation.
Unfortunately your experience of inadequate support, is repeated the whole country over, and is obviously not acceptable. All we can do is keep some sort of pressure up on the government to try and turn this around. There are those though that understandably feel their cries for help are falling on deaf ears.

F

firemonkee57

I think the government is concentrating on comparatively milder cases via CBT driven IAPT and the mh centres are more geared to acute/dramatic cases rather than chronic/middle aged types such as myself.
I am not homicidal/suicidal/substance abusing/self harming and function at a level they deem acceptable but which is basic /highly restrictive/socially isolated .

The media generally demonises those with severe mental illness and while some like the Guardian are more enlightened/progressive, even they trivialise by often featuring articles about successful types who hit a bad patch but come through the other end with career and/or social status intact.
That's not my or others reality though. There is no spectacular phoenix rising from the ashes of mental illness for many of us.

F

firemonkee57

Took 3. Went ok apart from getting psychosomatic(?) knee pains on the way there and back (only seems to happen if i am outside) . Button was easier to find than i expected.