• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't like large buildings

F

firemonkee57

With lots of rooms/suites . I find it hard to navigate my way around and that stresses me out. Then I worry about getting out of the building ie being trapped. I have an appointment with a mental health charity on the 3rd and already i'm stressing because it's in a large building.
I just hope it's not too complex inside the building or I'll end up really stressed. No point in being on their books if doing so just stresses me out getting around..

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
maybe you can get someone to show you the way first time or get there really early. I am sure there will be plenty of signs. good luck.

C

cherbear

If I have to go somewhere I'm unfamiliar with or do not know the area I always visit it first with my other half so when I have to go there on my own I feel more reassured when I get there and know where I have to go . Good luck , hope it goes well , hugs xxxx

C

cally75

I thought that was just me! If I have appointment anywhere, I go there days/weeks in advance just to check the layout, where the toilets & exits etc! I think you'll find it helpful if you done the same, that approach helps me a lot.

Good luck!

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I've done the same before! I take someone with me and it definitely helps. If it's somewhere you can't familiarise yourself with first. Just ask somebody to show you to the room and then, when you're about to leave, ask that person to take you to the exit. I'm sure they'll be helpful and will understand.

I'm useless with directions so usually end up asking for help anyway.