• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't know where to post this

• Thread starter idontknowwhattocallmyself
  • Start date
I

idontknowwhattocallmyself

I am really struggling right now and I don't know what to do. I just feel like everyone hates me, it could be someone I've never met before and it just feels like they automatically hate me or are pretending to be friends with me in order to mock me. I've just started Uni and at first I was so social and now I just don't leave my room other than to go to the shop and to walk and just cry. I've never felt this alone before and it's really affecting me negatively. It's just this constant feeling of everyone really disliking me and not wanting to talk to me. It's the worst feeling in the world and I just feel hopeless in ever finding friends

D

Daringdan

You could use some support and that could be tricky if you find it hard to trust anyone who would support you. I hope you feel it is still worth while to reach out for help and I'm glad you came to these forums. Have you sought out professional help like a psychiatrist or therapist? I've experienced some of what you describe and now I take medication and talk to a therapist. No pressure, just want you feeling better.

I

idontknowwhattocallmyself

You could use some support and that could be tricky if you find it hard to trust anyone who would support you. I hope you feel it is still worth while to reach out for help and I'm glad you came to these forums. Have you sought out professional help like a psychiatrist or therapist? I've experienced some of what you describe and now I take medication and talk to a therapist. No pressure, just want you feeling better.
I've spoken to my university wellbeing team but they just aren't of much use at all unless I'm formally diagnosed which is a lengthy process. I have my family at home but it's not really the best time to reach out right now. I just feel like my problems aren't important or severe enough to go to a doctor right now.

D

Daringdan

Your wellbeing matters. I hope to encourage you to continue the process of getting help because it's good to catch these things early. I've been through many bouts of paranoia and intrusive thoughts. I'm glad that I have the support of my therapist. I feel like he has my back. I think it is at least good that you have these forums. If there are anyways you can have conversations where you feel the love and care of the person you speak with, I hope you can find that.

anex

anex

If it is impacting your life, it is important:) Doctors are here to help us when we are sick. That includes mental health. What we go through can be invisible, but it’s just as important. I understand how you feel. I haven’t been wanting to reach out to friends, either. Been getting too far into the deep end in my head. Everyone is so stretched. BUT that doesn't mean nobody has any room. You are important. Your struggles are important. And I’m glad you’re reaching out here!