• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I dont know what to do!!!

N

nikki24

My dad has Depression. He has been off work for well over a year. He doesnt leave the house and rarely gets washed or dressed. He drinks every night. He goes to the doctor but he doesnt tell us what the doctor says. When he's been drinking he gets really paranoid and If i dont phone every night he thinks there is something wrong with me and he gets worried. Last week he told my mum he had enough and couldnt take anymore and asked her if she would help him commit suicide. When my mum obviously said no he was abusive to her. My mum is broken hearted she doesnt know what to do. can anyone help me?:(

A

Affective

My dad has Depression. He has been off work for well over a year. He doesnt leave the house and rarely gets washed or dressed. He drinks every night. He goes to the doctor but he doesnt tell us what the doctor says. When he's been drinking he gets really paranoid and If i dont phone every night he thinks there is something wrong with me and he gets worried. Last week he told my mum he had enough and couldnt take anymore and asked her if she would help him commit suicide. When my mum obviously said no he was abusive to her. My mum is broken hearted she doesnt know what to do. can anyone help me?:(
I think you should phone the NHS or a mental health Crisis team. Especially if he is suicidal he will need intervention to help him through this and help to stop him drinking.

mischief

mischief

Admin
Have you spoken to your dad about how he is? and what he would like to do to change his situation?

In your situation you (or your mum) may find it useful to make contact with a carers organisation.

M

maudikie

To nikki24.

It sounds as though your Dad could do with some help fro the Mental health Team. Because of confidentiality I doubt if the doctor would talk to you about it much, but if you write a letter to him/her and tell the doctor just how your Dad is at home you might get some professional advice, and your Dad's referral to the mental health Services. If drink is his only problem, it is doubtful about this service, but could y ou persuade him to get in touch with Slcoholics Anonymous, or possibly write to them as they might give you better advice than myself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Confusedandanxious People 8