• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I don't know what to do

EEB

EEB

*TW sexual assault*
The reason I started self harming is that, when I get angry, I feel like there's no outlet other than hurting myself. I'm so fucking mad right now that I don't know what to do. My friend was sexually assaulted by her co-worker, and it doesn't seem like her work is going to pay any attention to what happened. I live too far away to get her out of the house for a while, and I'm so fucking scared that she'll do something self destructive. I don't know what to do, and I'm so scared and angry that I can't think straight. I just want to beat the hell out of the asshole that hurt her and the assholes who won't listen, but I can't do that. I can't do anything, I'm useless and she won't talk to me. What the fuck do I do?

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

tell the police, maybe they can help.
also i think both you and your friend should go to a psychiatrist since she might be experiencing PTSD from the assualt. try finding a different outlet for your anger: music, screaming into a pillow, drawing, etc. self harm will not help, so try using ice cubes or drawing on your arm.

kimidare

kimidare

Hi,

I live in France so it s maybe different in your country.
Here, we can call or send an email to the occupational health in cases like that.
Can she talk to a trusted colleague at least, to avoid being alone with the assaulter ?

Try to talk with her even if you can t come to her house.
It s okay to show your angry against the assaulter. But the most important is to be here for her. It s possible that she will doubt of herself due to the inactivity/minimization of the aggression at work. She must know that it s their reaction that is wrong, not hers.
And it s okay to be confused, hurted, but she doesn t have to be ashamed (it s common for victims to be ashamed). With time and recovery it will go better, even if it seems impossible now.