• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't know what to do

C

Candy555

A couple off weeks ago we had to take my partners cat to the vet as he was constipated.Vet done some tests and found he has a tumour in his colon I think it is.The vet gave him something to shrink the tumour.And gave steroids for him to get each day.We were told he could have weeks or he could have days.He is very underweight.Tablets seemed to help a bit for a few days.Partner had to encourage him to take his tablet in some tasty food.And encourage him
to eat.He was taken a bit of food but not much with his daddy trying to tempt him.Thing is Ziggy is not taken his tablet and wobbling and swaying when he walks.Me and my partner love him so much.But I'm so worried 😩 incase the wee boy is suffering.I feel the kindest thing would be to get him put to sleep.But my partner can't bear this to be done right now.He says he will know when the time has come to do that.He won't even let me talk to him about it.And says he is not going be forced into it.My partner rescued him as a small kitten and loves Ziggy so so much.And can't bear losing him.I know my partner is so worried and scared for Ziggy.He feels he is doing the right thing for Ziggy.I know he doesn't want to go on without Ziggy.As lovely Ziggy been by his side for many years and is his best friend.I don't know what to do or say for the best.Whenever I try say it may be kinder my partner sees me as being unkind and uncaring.I feel so so bad for the wee lad.Im so worried incase he is in pain and suffering.To me if vet thinks he could be suffering and it's kinder to have wee boy put to sleep then if Ziggy was mine, I would do that.The wee lad can hardly miaow anymore.I don't think he is comfortable.Please can someone let me know what to do?

D

Deleted member 91323

Hello Candy. I was thinking about you and hoping you are okay. I am so sorry to hear such sad news about Ziggy. I know when the time comes to letting our pets pass in peace it is the greatest gift we can give them. It is just so hard to accept it is over. I would ask your partner to talk to the vet who will give their opinion on Ziggy.

JessisMe

JessisMe

A couple off weeks ago we had to take my partners cat to the vet as he was constipated.Vet done some tests and found he has a tumour in his colon I think it is.The vet gave him something to shrink the tumour.And gave steroids for him to get each day.We were told he could have weeks or he could have days.He is very underweight.Tablets seemed to help a bit for a few days.Partner had to encourage him to take his tablet in some tasty food.And encourage him
to eat.He was taken a bit of food but not much with his daddy trying to tempt him.Thing is Ziggy is not taken his tablet and wobbling and swaying when he walks.Me and my partner love him so much.But I'm so worried 😩 incase the wee boy is suffering.I feel the kindest thing would be to get him put to sleep.But my partner can't bear this to be done right now.He says he will know when the time has come to do that.He won't even let me talk to him about it.And says he is not going be forced into it.My partner rescued him as a small kitten and loves Ziggy so so much.And can't bear losing him.I know my partner is so worried and scared for Ziggy.He feels he is doing the right thing for Ziggy.I know he doesn't want to go on without Ziggy.As lovely Ziggy been by his side for many years and is his best friend.I don't know what to do or say for the best.Whenever I try say it may be kinder my partner sees me as being unkind and uncaring.I feel so so bad for the wee lad.Im so worried incase he is in pain and suffering.To me if vet thinks he could be suffering and it's kinder to have wee boy put to sleep then if Ziggy was mine, I would do that.The wee lad can hardly miaow anymore.I don't think he is comfortable.Please can someone let me know what to do?
I’m so sorry to hear that Ziggys health has been declining. As painful as it is to bear witness to because Ziggy is not your cat there is not much you can do about it if you have already made your thoughts on the matter known. If your partner says that he will address the issue when he is ready you must respect that he will. I hope things get easier as time passes. xo, j

C

Candy555

Hello Candy. I was thinking about you and hoping you are okay. I am so sorry to hear such sad news about Ziggy. I know when the time comes to letting our pets pass in peace it is the greatest gift we can give them. It is just so hard to accept it is over. I would ask your partner to talk to the vet who will give their opinion on Ziggy.
Thank you for your compassion❤Candy

C

Candy555

Thanks for your compassionate kind words,❤Candy