• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't know what to do

wollie

wollie

My prostate cancer pills are reactin with my MH pills causing me to black out
I can't stop taking my MH pills cause they are the only ones that work for me,
same as the cancer pills, I can't keep blacking out cause I will hurt myself one day, I'v been lucky so far, I'm sort of between the devil and a hard rock unless there are some other options to keep my bood pressuer up.

B

bpd2020

What an awful situation to be in. Does your dr have any advice? It is awful when we can only take a certain mh medication and they cause side effects. I am really sorry you are going through this.

P

Purpleplum

Definitely tell your oncologist. They may have other cancer meds they can prescribe you.

Lizaje

Lizaje

Clearly you have to switch one. It's not fun if they work in themselves, but I don't see other options. And who knows, maybe you get new ones that work even better!

N

natalie

I would also have words with the oncologist.

Best regards.

M

Mary on the hill

I have a friend who is aged 63 who has stage 2 aggressive prostate cancer. He didn't want the
operation so he is getting hormone shots and radiation. Been 5 wks now and he says he feels fine and feels normal. He goes everyday for the rad. I know 2 other people who had rad a few yrs ago and they are fine.

N

nutsie

My sister husband got prostate cancer op last week!

He feel some pain but not so bad. No take pill

Can you ask for op?

M

Mary on the hill

My sister husband got prostate cancer op last week!

He feel some pain but not so bad. No take pill

Can you ask for op?
The operation will get rid of ALL the cancer as long as it did not spread to the bones. I think the operation is the better choice, but if you are young it will make you impotent and can't have sex.

N

nutsie

The operation will get rid of ALL the cancer as long as it did not spread to the bones. I think the operation is the better choice, but if you are young it will make you impotent and can't have sex.
I think not true

My grandfather had op and still go Thailand have sex

N

nutsie

Hello Mary

Sorry if you have brother police what got blind from laser

Is it possiblevv that one person with laser can blind 6 eye?

I do not know how strong is laser

T

TyFence

Things are tough all over... I have a few cell bad in prostate. Pill make not able and my mh meds.
must ask doctor or stay in bed @wollie be careful. Do you pass out or not aware of what doing?

wollie

wollie

Thank you all for your help, my pdoc has cut one of my pills to 5mg and within 3 days my blood pressur is back to normal

T

TyFence

Oh that’s good, fast service, if I have my dates correct. And everything else is balancing better and all? I hope those prostate pills do what they are supposed to for you. If you want I’ll pray for?